Athletics and Coaching
- College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA) As the nation’s largest organization for collegiate sports public relations professionals, CoSIDA’s seeks to advance the standards, image and role of the sports public relations profession within the collegiate athletics community, to provide members with professional development opportunities through initial and continuing education programs, and advance the organization’s profile and image on the national, regional and campus levels.
- Eastern College Athletic Conference (ECAC) The ECAC seeks to initiate, stimulate and improve intercollegiate athletics programs for student-athletes, and to promote and develop educational leadership, athletics excellence and athletics participation. The Eastern College Athletic Conference (ECAC) is the nation's largest athletic conference and only multi-divisional conference, with 321 member institutions ranging across 16 states from Maine to North Carolina and westerly to Illinois.
- Eastern College Athletic Conference Sports Information Directors Association (ECAC-SIDA) For more than 50 years, the members of ECAC-SIDA have been instrumental in shaping the course of athletic communications efforts on the local, regional and national levels. The online Jobs Center allows members a forum to post job openings free of charge while also providing a fresh listing of available job opportunities for students, interns and others as they pursue the next step in their professional career.
- National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (NACDA) NACDA serves as the professional association for those in the field of intercollegiate athletics administration. It provides educational opportunities and serves as a vehicle for networking, the exchange of information, and advocacy on behalf of the profession. NACDA's Athletics Employment Opportunities is a member benefit.
- National Association of Collegiate Women Athletics Administrators (NACWAA) The National Association of Collegiate Women Athletics Administrators is an organization dedicated to providing educational programs, professional and personal development opportunities, information exchange, and support services to enhance college athletics and to promote the growth, leadership, and success of women as athletics administrators, professional staff, coaches, and student-athletes.
- National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) The purpose of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) is to promote the education and development of students through intercollegiate athletic participation. The NAIA offers several career opportunities, both with member institutions and their national offices.
- National Association of Kinesiology & Physical Education in Higher Education (NAKPEHE) NAKPEHE is an organization for professionals in higher education. Its purpose is to foster leadership in teaching, administration, policy, preparation for the professions and scholarship. This mission is facilitated through interdisciplinary ideas, concepts and initiatives related to the role of kinesiology and physical education, while valuing diverse social, cultural and personal perspectives.
- National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA) The NCCAA was incorporated to provide a Christian-based organization that functions uniquely as a national and international agency for the promotion of outreach and ministry, and for the maintenance, enhancement, and promotion of intercollegiate athletic competition with a Christian perspective. The NCCAA game plan includes: dedicated and caring leadership, national competition, international outreach and ministry through athletic teams, discipleship programs and materials for student-athletes and coaches, and conferences on current key issues.
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) is a voluntary US organization which helps to set administrative policies for colleges and universities on athletic matters at the national level. Their employment site links to job opportunities at the high schools, colleges, universities, and athletic conferences.
- National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) The National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) is the governing body of intercollegiate athletics for two-year colleges. The purpose of this corporation is to promote and foster junior college athletics on intersectional and national levels so that results will be consistent with the total educational program of its members.
- Northwest Athletic Association of Community Colleges (NWAACC) The Northwest Athletic Association of Community Colleges is the parent organization for thirty-five community colleges in the states of Washington and Oregon. The NWAACC has a variety of administrative responsibilities including conference tournament management, eligibility, publications, rule enforcement and sports information.
- The National Association of Academic Advisors for Athletics (N4A) The National Association of Academic Advisors for Athletics is a diverse educational, service and professional non-profit organization. N4A members are academic support and student services personnel who are committed to enhancing the opportunities for academic, athletic and personal success for collegiate student-athletes.
- United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA) USCAA is a national organization that exists to provide quality athletic competition on a regional and national level for smaller institutions of higher learning and their student-athletes. The goal of the United States Collegiate Athletic Association is to provide opportunities for small colleges to compete on an equal level of competition with schools of like size and athletic programs.
Most recent job openings in Athletics and Coaching from HigherEdJobs:
Academic360 has partnered with HigherEdJobs.com to provide additional resources for our job seekers. Listed below are the most recent job postings from HigherEdJobs.com for this discipline.
Athletics and Coaching (Posted 04/29/17)
Ball State University
Other Health Faculty (Posted 04/28/17)
Minnesota State University Mankato
Human Resources (Posted 04/28/17)
The University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA
Additional Resources for Athletics and Coaching Positions:
- Student Affairs positions (multi-disciplinary listing)
- Comprehensive web sites for faculty and administrative job opportunities:
- Human Resources listings from individual colleges and universities: