- American College Counseling Association (ACCA) ACCA is made up of diverse mental health professionals from the fields of counseling, psychology, and social work. ACCA strives to support and enhance the practice of college counseling, to promote ethical and responsible professional practice, to promote communication and exchange among college counselors across service areas and institutional settings, to encourage cooperation with other organizations related to higher education and college student development, and to provide leadership and advocacy for the profession of counseling in higher education. The mission of ACCA is to be the interdisciplinary and inclusive professional home that supports emerging and state of the art knowledge and resources for counseling professionals in higher education.
- American Counseling Association (ACA) American Counseling Association is a not-for-profit, professional and educational organization that is dedicated to the growth and enhancement of the counseling profession. Their Career Central links to job openings throughout the world.
- American Psychiatric Association (APA) The American Psychiatric Association is an organization of psychiatrists working together to ensure humane care and effective treatment for all persons with mental illness, including substance use disorders. Its vision is a society that has available, accessible quality psychiatric diagnosis and treatment.
- American Psychological Association (APA) American Psychological Association (APA) is a scientific and professional organization that represents psychology in the United States. The mission of the APA is to advance the creation, communication, and application of psychological knowledge to benefit society and improve people’s lives.
- Association for University and College Counseling Center Directors (AUCCCD) AUCCCD seeks to assist college/university directors in providing effective leadership and management of their centers, in accord with the professional principles and standards of Psychology, Counseling, and Higher Education. AUCCCD promotes the awareness of student mental health and development issues in higher education through research, advocacy, education, and training provided to members, professional organizations, and the public with special attention to issues of diversity and multiculturalism.
- National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) The world's largest organization of school psychologists, NASP works to advance effective practices to improve students' learning, behavior, and mental health. The NASP vision is that all children and youth access the learning, behavior, and mental health support needed to thrive in school, at home, and throughout life. NASP has embraced five strategic goals of the association: 1) ensure availability of a high quality school psychology workforce; 2) advance the role of school psychologists as qualified mental and behavioral health providers; 3) advance recognition and implementation of the NASP Practice Model nationwide; 4) develop leadership skills and qualities of school psychologists; and 5) uphold that all children and youth are valued and that their rights and opportunities are protected in schools and communities.
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW) The National Association of Social Workers (NASW) is an organization of professional social workers throughout the world that works to enhance the professional growth and development of its members, to create and maintain professional standards, and to advance sound social policies. Social workers join NASW to advance in their careers, to connect with colleagues, and to protect their practice—all while advocating for the profession and important social issues. They enjoy benefits and networking provided by both the NASW national office and their local chapter, for one annual fee.
Most recent job openings in Counseling from HigherEdJobs:
Academic360 has partnered with HigherEdJobs.com to provide additional resources for our job seekers. Listed below are the most recent job postings from HigherEdJobs.com for this discipline.
Counseling (Posted 03/19/18)
Georgia Southern University
Counseling (Posted 03/19/18)
Point Park University
Extension and Outreach (Posted 03/19/18)
University of South Florida
Additional Resources for Counseling Positions:
- Student Affairs positions (multi-disciplinary listing)
- Comprehensive web sites for faculty and administrative job opportunities:
- Human Resources listings from individual colleges and universities: