Information Technology & Computer Science
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) ACM provides the computing field's premier Digital Library and serves its members and the computing profession with leading-edge publications, conferences, and career resources. ACM brings together computing educators, researchers, and professionals to inspire dialogue, share resources, and address the field's challenges.
- Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT) AECT's goal is to facilitate humane learning through the systematic development, utilization, and management of learning resources. AECT's mission is to promote the effective design and use of technologies in the teaching/learning process, worldwide.
- Association for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T) ASIS&T is searching for new and better theories, techniques, and technologies to improve access to information. The mission of ASIS&T is to advance the information sciences and related applications of information technology by providing focus, opportunity, and support to information professionals and organizations.
- Association for Information Systems (AIS) AIS serves society through the advancement of knowledge and the promotion of excellence in the practice and study of information systems. AIS is the premier professional association for individuals and organizations who lead the research, teaching, practice, and study of information systems worldwide.
- Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE) AACE's mission is advancing Information Technology in Education and E-Learning research, development, learning, and its practical application. AACE serves the profession with international conferences, high quality publications, leading-edge Digital Library, and Career Center.
- Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP) AITP is the professional association comprised of career minded individuals who seek to expand their potential. AITP seeks to provide avenues for all their members to be teachers as well as students and to make contacts with other members.
- Association of University Technology Managers (AUTM) AUTM is a global network of technology transfer professionals who work in academic, research, government, legal and commercial settings. AUTM is dedicated to bringing research to life by supporting and enhancing the global academic technology transfer profession through education, professional development, partnering and advocacy.
- Campus Technology Campus Technology is a monthly publication focusing exclusively on the use of technology across all areas of higher education.
- Computing Research and Education Association (CORE) CORE is an association of university departments of computer science in Australia and New Zealand. The purposes of CORE are: to create a professional association of those engaged in computer science and information technology; to assist and advance research and teaching; to provide a forum; and to promote co-operation and liaison with other groups and organizations.
- Computing Research Association (CRA) CRA’s mission is to enhance innovation by joining with industry, government and academia to strengthen research and advanced education in computing. CRA executes this mission by leading the computing research community, informing policymakers and the public, and facilitating the development of strong, diverse talent in the field.
- Council of Professors and Heads of Computing (CPHC) CPHC exists to promote public education in Computing and its applications and to provide a forum for those responsible for management and research in university computing departments. CPHC's vision is 1) for public education and engagement, 2) for members to view us as the voice for the academic discipline of computing, 3) to lobby organisation to represent the interests of members, and 4) to ensure the CPHC name/brand is known and recognised.
- CUE CUE, formerly Computer-Using Educators, is a nonprofit educational corporation founded in 1978. CUE's goal is to inspire innovative learners in all disciplines from preschool through college.
- EDUCAUSE EDUCAUSE supports and helps those who lead, manage, deploy, and use information technology to anticipate and adapt to change, advancing strategic IT decision making at every level within higher education. EDUCAUSE actively engages with colleges and universities, corporations, foundations, government, and other nonprofit organizations.
- Georgia Educational Technology Conference (GaETC) GaETC provides educators the opportunity to learn about the latest in educational technology and offers a forum for discussion among professionals. GaETC offers concurrent sessions, nationally known speakers and presenters, workshops focusing on the latest in technological innovations and software, and commercial exhibits featuring state-of-the-art technology.
- International Association for Computer Information Systems (IACIS) IACIS' vision is to be one of the leading international academic information systems and technology professional organizations. The mission of IACIS is to value activities that develop the knowledge and skills of information systems and technology academics, by providing a forum for networking and discussing research ideas and findings, encouraging the sharing of teaching best practices, and supporting the development of high quality curriculum.
- International Association for Management of Technology (IAMOT) IAMOT is an international organization dedicated to advancing state-of-the-art in the management of technology education and research. As such, the majority of its members are faculty and students of degree granting academic institutions.
- International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) ISTE provides leadership and service to improve teaching, learning, and school leadership by advancing the effective use of technology in PK–12 and teacher education.
- International Technology and Engineering Educators Association (ITEEA) ITEEA is the professional organization for technology, innovation, design, and engineering educators. ITEEA's mission is to promote technological literacy for all by supporting the teaching of technology and engineering and promoting the professionalism of those engaged in these pursuits.
- State Educational Technology Directors Association (SETDA) SETDA is a not-for-profit membership association representing the state directors for educational technology. SETDA’s goal is to serve, support, and represent their emerging interests and needs with respect to the use of technology for teaching, learning, and school operations.
Most recent job openings in Information Technology & Computer Science from HigherEdJobs:
Academic360 has partnered with HigherEdJobs.com to provide additional resources for our job seekers. Listed below are the most recent job postings from HigherEdJobs.com for this discipline.
Support and Training (Posted 08/15/18)
Florida A&M University
Other Computer and Information Technology (Posted 08/15/18)
Central Michigan University
Mt. Pleasant, MI
Support and Training (Posted 08/15/18)
University at Buffalo
Additional Resources for Information Technology & Computer Science Positions:
- Comprehensive web sites for faculty and administrative job opportunities:
- Human Resources listings from individual colleges and universities: