- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) ACM delivers resources that advance computing as a science and a profession. ACM provides the computing field's premier Digital Library and serves its members and the computing profession with leading-edge publications, conferences, and career resources. ACM is comprised of Special Interest Groups which offer conferences, publications, and opportunities for sharing expertise and knowledge of the latest development trends.
- Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT) AECT is a professional association of thousands of educators and others whose activities are directed toward improving instruction through technology.
- Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE) The Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE) is an international, not-for-profit, educational organization with the mission of advancing information technology in education and e-learning research, development, learning, and its practical application.
- Association for Information Communications Technology Professionals in Higher Education (ACUTA) ACUTA, the Association for Information Communications Technology Professionals in Higher Education, is an international non-profit educational association serving colleges and universities. ACUTA represents over 1700 individuals at nearly 800 institutions of higher education to support higher education information communications technology professionals in contributing to the achievement of the strategic mission of their institution.
- Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP) AITP is the professional association comprised of career minded individuals who seek to expand their potential - employers, employees, managers, programmers, among others. The organization seeks to provide avenues for all their members to be teachers as well as students and to make contacts with other members in the IS field, all in an effort to become more marketable in rapidly changing, technological careers.
- Association of University Technology Managers (AUTM) AUTM is a global network of more than 3,500 technology transfer professionals who work in academic, research, government, legal and commercial settings. AUTM is dedicated to promoting and supporting technology transfer through education, advocacy, networking and communication.
- Campus Technology Campus Technology is a monthly publication focusing exclusively on the use of technology across all areas of higher education.
- Computer-Using Educators, Inc. (CUE) Computer-Using Educators, Inc. is a nonprofit California corporation founded in 1978. CUE's goal is to advance student achievement through technology in all disciplines from preschool through college.
- Computing Research and Education Association of Australasia (CORE) The purposes for which the Association is established are to create a professional association of those engaged in computer science and information technology in higher education and research institutes and to facilitate their professional development, to assist and advance research in computer science and information technology in higher education and research institutes, and to assist and advance teaching in computer science and information technology in higher education.
- EDUCAUSE EDUCAUSE is a nonprofit association whose mission is to advance higher education by promoting the intelligent use of information technology. EDUCAUSE helps those who lead, manage, and use information resources to shape strategic decisions at every level. EDUCAUSE programs include professional development activities, applied research, strategic policy advocacy, teaching and learning initiatives, online information services, print and electronic publications, special interest collaborative communities, and awards for leadership and innovation.
- Georgia Educational Technology Conference (GaETC) GaETC is dedicated to the professional development of educators. The Conference provides educators the opportunity to learn about the latest in educational technology and offers a forum for discussion among professionals concerned with technology in education. GaETC offers almost 250 concurrent sessions, nationally known speakers and presenters, workshops focusing on the latest in technological innovations and software, and over 200 commercial exhibits featuring state-of-the-art technology.
- International Association for Management of Technology (IAMOT) IAMOT is an international organization dedicated to advancing state-of-the-art in the management of technology education and research. As such, the majority of its members are faculty and students of degree granting academic institutions.
- International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) A nonprofit membership organization, ISTE provides leadership and service to improve teaching, learning, and school leadership by advancing the effective use of technology in PK–12 and teacher education. Home of the National Educational Technology Standards (NETS), the Center for Applied Research in Educational Technology (CARET), and the National Educational Computing Conference (NECC), ISTE represents more than 85,000 professionals worldwide.
- International Technology Education Association (ITEA) International Technology Education Association (ITEA) is a professional organization for technology, innovation, design, and engineering educators. Its mission is to promote technological literacy for all by supporting the teaching of technology and promoting the professionalism of those engaged in these pursuits. ITEA represents more than 35,000 secondary technology educators in the U.S. alone who are developers, administrators, and university personnel in the field representing all levels of education. ITEA corporate members are comprised of leading technology companies.
- Society for Applied Learning Technology (SALT) SALT is a professional society, designed for individual membership participation with classes of membership keyed to the interest and experience of the individual. It enables one to achieve knowledge for work in the field of applied learning technology by association with other professionals in conferences sponsored by the Society.
- State Educational Technology Directors Association (SETDA) The State Educational Technology Directors Association (SETDA) is the principal association representing the state directors for educational technology. SETDA’s goal is to improve student achievement through technology.
Most recent job openings in Information Technology from HigherEdJobs:
Academic360 has partnered with HigherEdJobs.com to provide additional resources for our job seekers. Listed below are the most recent job postings from HigherEdJobs.com for this discipline.
Management/Director (Posted 10/22/17)
University of California, Davis
Database Administration (Posted 10/22/17)
University of Wisconsin - Madison
Support and Training (Posted 10/22/17)
University of California, San Diego
La Jolla, CA