- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) ACM, the world's largest educational and scientific computing society, delivers resources that advance computing as a science and a profession. ACM provides the computing field's premier Digital Library and serves its members and the computing profession with leading-edge publications, conferences, and career resources. ACM brings together computing educators, researchers, and professionals to inspire dialogue, share resources, and address the field's challenges. ACM strengthens the profession's collective voice through strong leadership, promotion of the highest standards, and recognition of technical excellence.
- Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT) AECT is a professional association of educators and others whose activities are directed toward improving instruction through technology. The goal of AECT is to facilitate humane learning through the systematic development, utilization, and management of learning resources, which include people, processes, and media in educational settings. The mission AECT is to promote the effective design and use of technologies in the teaching/learning process, worldwide. AECT is the oldest professional home for this field of interest and has continuously maintained a central position in the field, promoting high standards, both in scholarship and in practice.
- Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE) AACE, founded in 1981, is an international, not-for-profit, educational organization with the mission of advancing Information Technology in Education and E-Learning research, development, learning, and its practical application. AACE serves the profession with international conferences, high quality publications, leading-edge Digital Library, Career Center, and other opportunities for professional growth.
- Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP) AITP is the professional association comprised of career minded individuals who seek to expand their potential - employers, employees, managers, programmers, among others. The organization seeks to provide avenues for all their members to be teachers as well as students and to make contacts with other members in the IS field, all in an effort to become more marketable in rapidly changing, technological careers.
- Association of University Technology Managers (AUTM) AUTM is a global network of technology transfer professionals who work in academic, research, government, legal and commercial settings. AUTM is dedicated to bringing research to life by supporting and enhancing the global academic technology transfer profession through education, professional development, partnering and advocacy.
- Campus Technology Campus Technology is a monthly publication focusing exclusively on the use of technology across all areas of higher education.
- Computing Research and Education Association (CORE) CORE is an association of university departments of computer science in Australia and New Zealand. The purposes for which the Association is established are: to create a professional association of those engaged in computer science and information technology in higher education and research institutes and to facilitate their professional development; to assist and advance research in computer science and information technology in higher education and research institutes; to assist and advance teaching in computer science and information technology in higher education; to provide a forum for those interested in computer science and information technology so as to stimulate discussion of relevant issues; and to promote co-operation and liaison with other groups and organizations which have related or complementary purposes and activities.
- CUE CUE, formerly Computer-Using Educators, is a nonprofit educational corporation founded in 1978. CUE's goal is to inspire innovative learners in all disciplines from preschool through college.
- EDUCAUSE EDUCAUSE is a higher education technology association and the largest community of IT leaders and professionals committed to advancing higher education. EDUCAUSE supports and helps those who lead, manage, deploy, and use information technology to anticipate and adapt to change, advancing strategic IT decision making at every level within higher education. EDUCAUSE actively engages with colleges and universities, corporations, foundations, government, and other nonprofit organizations to further the mission of transforming higher education through the use of information technology.
- Georgia Educational Technology Conference (GaETC) GaETC is dedicated to the professional development of educators. The Conference provides educators the opportunity to learn about the latest in educational technology and offers a forum for discussion among professionals concerned with technology in education. GaETC offers almost 250 concurrent sessions, nationally known speakers and presenters, workshops focusing on the latest in technological innovations and software, and over 200 commercial exhibits featuring state-of-the-art technology.
- International Association for Management of Technology (IAMOT) IAMOT is an international organization dedicated to advancing state-of-the-art in the management of technology education and research. As such, the majority of its members are faculty and students of degree granting academic institutions.
- International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) A nonprofit membership organization, ISTE provides leadership and service to improve teaching, learning, and school leadership by advancing the effective use of technology in PK–12 and teacher education. Home of the National Educational Technology Standards (NETS), the Center for Applied Research in Educational Technology (CARET), and the National Educational Computing Conference (NECC), ISTE represents professionals worldwide.
- International Technology and Engineering Educators Association (ITEEA) ITEEA is the professional organization for technology, innovation, design, and engineering educators. ITEEA's mission is to promote technological literacy for all by supporting the teaching of technology and engineering and promoting the professionalism of those engaged in these pursuits. ITEEA strengthens the profession through leadership, professional development, membership services, publications, and classroom activities.
- State Educational Technology Directors Association (SETDA) The State Educational Technology Directors Association (SETDA) is a not-for-profit membership association representing the state directors for educational technology. SETDA’s goal is to serve, support, and represent their emerging interests and needs with respect to the use of technology for teaching, learning, and school operations.
Most recent job openings in Information Technology from HigherEdJobs:
Academic360 has partnered with HigherEdJobs.com to provide additional resources for our job seekers. Listed below are the most recent job postings from HigherEdJobs.com for this discipline.
Human Resources (Posted 05/26/18)
San Juan College
Support and Training (Posted 05/26/18)
Support and Training (Posted 05/26/18)