- American Association of University Women (AAUW) AAUW advances equity and promotes education for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research. Since its founding in 1881, AAUW members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day -- educational, social, economic, and political.
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA) American College Personnel Association (ACPA) is a comprehensive student affairs association that advances student affairs and engages students for a lifetime of learning and discovery. ACPA has members representing private and public institutions from across the U.S. and around the world. Members also include graduate and undergraduate students enrolled in student affairs/higher education administration programs, faculty, and student affairs professionals, from entry level to senior student affairs officers.
- American Council on Education: Office of Women in Higher Education (OWHE) Since 1973, the Office of Women in Higher Education (OWHE) of the American Council on Education has provided national leadership in the advancement of women into executive positions and campus presidencies.
- Association for Women in Science (AWIS) AWIS is a national advocacy organization championing the interests of women in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics across all disciplines and employment sectors. The association's global network inspires bold leadership, research, and solutions that advance women in STEM, spark innovation, promote organizational success, and drive systemic change.
- Canadian Federation of University Women (CFUW) CFUW is a voluntary, non-profit, self-funded non-governmental organization of women graduates and students in clubs in every province of Canada. Members seek to raise the social, economic, political and legal status of women and to improve education, the environment, peace, justice and human rights.
- Committee on Women in Science, Engineering, and Medicine (CWSEM) CWSEM is a standing committee in the Policy and Global Affairs division of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. Its mandate is to coordinate, monitor, and advocate action to increase the participation of women in science, engineering, and medicine.
- Consortium of Higher Education Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Resource Professionals The Consortium of Higher Education LGBT Resource Professionals seeks to achieve higher education environments in which LGBTQ students, faculty, staff, administrators, and alumni have equity in every respect. The Consortium’s goals are to support colleagues and develop curriculum to professionally enhance this work, to seek climate improvement on campuses, and to advocate for policy change, program development, and establishment of LGBTQ Office/Centers.
- Graduate Women International (GWI) GWI is an international, non-profit organization of women graduates. Members include women of all ages, cultures, disciplines and professions. Graduate Women International (GWI) advocates for women’s rights, equality and empowerment through access to quality secondary and tertiary education, and training up to the highest levels. Through GWI, women graduates form an international network, bringing an interdisciplinary approach to global problems.
- Higher Education Resource Services (HERS) HERS is an educational non-profit providing leadership and management development for women in higher education administration. Since 1972, HERS has served the higher education community through the preparation of thousands of female leaders attending HERS Institutes and participating in a variety of HERS Activities.
- INSIGHT Into Diversity Since the mid-1970s, INSIGHT Into Diversity (formerly Affirmative Action Register) has been connecting diverse professionals with institutions and businesses that embrace a workforce that reflects our local and national communities. Created as a national recruitment publication, INSIGHT Into Diversity was originally intended to help employers comply with equal opportunity employment legislation.
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA) NASPA is a voice for student affairs administration, policy, and practice, and affirms the commitment of the student affairs profession to educating the whole student and integrating student life and learning. Members include institutions, corporations and non-profits, student affairs administrators, faculty, and graduate and undergraduate students.
- National Coalition for Women and Girls in Education (NCWGE) NCWGE is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving educational opportunities for girls and women. Their mission is to provide leadership in and advocate for the development of national education policies that benefit all women and girls. This site provides information on their coalition, current activities, updates on relevant federal education legislation, useful resources, and NCWGE publications.
- The Women's College Coalition The Women's College Coalition is an association of women's colleges and universities – public and private, independent and church-related, two- and four-year in the United States and Canada whose primary mission is the education and advancement of women.
- Women Administrators in Higher Education (WAHE) WAHE is an informal network of women professionals from national higher education associations and DC metropolitan area colleges and universities. WAHE supports the professional and personal development of members through conferences, networking opportunities, cultural and educational events, and topical discussions with guest speakers.
- Women in Higher Education (WIHE) Women in Higher Education is a monthly practitioner’s news journal. Its goals are to enlighten, encourage, empower and enrage women on campus. WIHE seeks to increase the number of women in campus leadership jobs and provide a continuing source of education and passion on relevant gendered issues to leaders, including males.
- Women Leaders in College Sports Women Leaders in College Sports is a leadership organization that empowers, develops, assists, celebrates, affirms, involves, and honors women working in college sports and beyond. Women Leaders takes a pro-active role in advancing women into positions of influence and powerfully shapes the landscape of women leaders as athletics administrators, professional staff, coaches, and student-athletes.
Most recent job openings in Women's Services from HigherEdJobs:
Academic360 has partnered with HigherEdJobs.com to provide additional resources for our job seekers. Listed below are the most recent job postings from HigherEdJobs.com for this discipline.
Legal Affairs (Posted 11/19/17)
Student Affairs and Services (Posted 11/19/17)
Admissions and Enrollment (Posted 11/18/17)
Additional Resources for Women's Services Positions:
- Student Affairs positions (multi-disciplinary listing)
- Comprehensive web sites for faculty and administrative job opportunities:
- Human Resources listings from individual colleges and universities: