Healthcare & Medicine
- AcademyHealth AcademyHealth advances the health field by acting as an objective broker of information, bringing together stakeholders to address the current and future needs of an evolving health system, informs health policy and practice, and translates evidence into action. AcademyHealth envisions a future where individuals and communities are made healthier by the use of evidence in decision-making.
- Alliance for Massage Therapy Education The Alliance for Massage Therapy Education is a non-profit organization that aims to strengthen and improve the field of massage and bodywork by credentialing or supporting the credentialing of instructors in both entry-level training programs and post-graduate studies. Membership is open to schools offering training in the field and to the teachers and administrators at those institutions.
- American Academy of Anesthesiologist Assistants (AAAA) AAAA is the national organization dedicated to the ethical advancement of the Certified Anesthesiologist Assistant profession and Anesthesia Care Team. The purpose of AAAA is to establish and maintain the standards of the profession by fostering and encouraging continuing education and research to all graduate and enrolled students of accredited programs.
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) AAPA advocates and educates on behalf of the profession and the patients PAs serve. AAPA works to ensure the professional growth, personal excellence and recognition of PAs and enhance PAs ability to improve the quality, accessibility and cost-effectiveness of patient-centered healthcare.
- American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry (AAGP) AAGP represents and serves its members and the field of geriatric psychiatry. AAGP promotes the mental health and well-being of older people through professional education, public advocacy, and support of career development for clinicians, educators, and researchers in geriatric psychiatry and mental health.
- American Association of Anatomists (AAA) AAA serves as the professional home for an international community of biomedical researchers and educators focusing on the structural foundation of health and disease. AAA's mission is to advance anatomical science through research, education, and professional development.
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) AACN serves the nation by: 1) providing assistance to deans/directors and other members of the nursing community through education, research, governmental and public advocacy, and data collection; 2) establishing standards for baccalaureate and graduate nursing education; 3) influencing the nursing profession to improve health care; and 4) promoting public awareness and support.
- American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM) AACOM lends support and assistance to the nation's osteopathic medical schools, and serves as a unifying voice for osteopathic medical education. AACOM provides leadership for the osteopathic medical education community by promoting excellence in medical education, research and service, and by fostering innovation and quality.
- American Association of Endodontists (AAE) AAE is dedicated to advancing the art and science of endodontics and to promoting the highest standards of patient care. AAE's strategic priorities: 1) promote the importance of retaining natural teeth; 2) single standard for quality endodontics; and 3) global outreach and membership development plan.
- American Association of Healthcare Administration Management (AAHAM) AAHAM is the resource center for information, education and advocacy in the areas of reimbursement, admitting, registration, data management, and more. AAHAM represents the interests of healthcare administrative management professionals through a comprehensive program of legislative/regulatory monitoring and its participation in industry groups.
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) The mission of AAMA is to provide the medical assistant professional with education, certification, credential acknowledgment, networking opportunities, scope-of-practice protection, and advocacy for quality patient-centered health care. The core values of AAMA are 1) actively participate; 2) promote patient safety and well-being; 3) contribute to a positive health care experience for patients; 4) demonstrate integrity and respect; 5) advocate certification and continuing education; and 6) embrace change, growth, and learning.
- American College Counseling Association (ACCA) ACCA is made up of diverse mental health professionals from the fields of counseling, psychology, and social work. The mission of ACCA is to be the interdisciplinary and inclusive professional home that supports emerging and state of the art knowledge and resources for counseling professionals in higher education.
- American College Health Association (ACHA) ACHA's mission is to serve as a leadership organization for advancing the health of college students and campus communities through advocacy, education, and research. ACHA's vision is to be the recognized voice of expertise in college health.
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) ACCP provides leadership, education, advocacy, and resources enabling clinical pharmacists to achieve excellence in practice, research, and education. ACCP is the professional home for practitioners, scientists, educators, and others committed to excellence in clinical pharmacy. ACCP purpose is to improve human health by extending the frontiers of clinical pharmacy.
- American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM) ACNM sets standards for excellence in midwifery education and practice and strengthens the capacity of midwives in developing countries. ACNM's mission is to support midwives and advance the practice of midwifery to achieve optimal health for women, with expertise in well woman and gynecologic care, promoting optimal pregnancy, physiologic birth, postpartum care, and care of the newborn.
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) ACSM advances and integrates scientific research to provide educational and practical applications of exercise science and sports medicine. Members include academicians, personal trainers, physicians, students, and other exercise, health, and fitness professionals.
- American Dental Assistants Association (ADAA) The mission of ADAA is to advance the careers of dental assistants and promote the dental assisting profession in matters of education, credentialing and other activities which enhance the delivery of quality dental health care. ADAA provides continuing education through home study courses, professional journals and local, state and national meetings with educational agendas.
- American Dental Association (ADA) The object of ADA is to encourage the improvement of the health of the public and to promote the art and science of dentistry. ADA works to advance the dental profession on the national, state and local level.
- American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) AMTA is a non-profit, professional association serving massage therapists, massage students, and massage schools. The association strives to advance the art, science, and practice of massage therapy. Goals include educating the public about the health benefits of massage and providing networking and continuing education opportunities.
- American Medical Student Association (AMSA) AMSA is committed to representing the concerns of physicians-in-training. AMSA strives to improve health care and health care delivery to all people; promotes active improvement in medical education; assists in the improvement and understanding of world health problems; contribes to the welfare of students, residents and post-MD/DOs; and advances the profession of medicine.
- American Optometric Association (AOA) AOA is the leading authority on quality care and an advocate for America's health, representing doctors of optometry, optometric professionals and optometry students. The mission of AOA is to advocate for the profession and serve optometrists in meeting the eye care needs of the public.
- American Society for Investigative Pathology (ASIP) ASIP is a society of biomedical scientists who investigate mechanisms of disease. ASIP advocates for the practice of investigative pathology and fosters the career development and education of its members. ASIP's mission is to promote the discovery, advancement, and dissemination of knowledge in experimental pathology and related disciplines.
- American Society for Nutrition (ASN) ASN is dedicated to bringing together the world's top researchers, clinical nutritionists and industry to advance our knowledge and application of nutrition for the sake of humans and animals. Today, ASN encompasses both research and clinical focuses and is building upon its rich history.
- American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) ASA is an educational, research and scientific association of physicians organized to raise and maintain the standards of the medical practice of anesthesiology and improve the care of the patient. The mission of the ASA is "Advancing the Practice and Securing the Future."
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) ASHA's mission is to empower and support audiologists, speech-language pathologists, and speech, language, and hearing scientists through: 1) advancing science, 2) setting standards, 3) fostering excellence in professional practice, and 4)advocating for members and those they serve.
- Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals (ABMP) Founded in 1987, ABMP is a national membership association dedicated to making it easier for massage and bodywork practitioners and students to succeed. Schools that join receive benefits such as free student membership, MBLEx test prep, instructor discounts, and workshops. Student members get access to technique videos, study guides, the Massage & Bodywork magazine, and more!
- Association of Accredited Naturopathic Medical Colleges (AANMC) AANMC was established to propel and foster the naturopathic medical profession by actively supporting the academic efforts of accredited and recognized schools of naturopathic medicine. AANMC supports member schools and colleges in an effort to improve their quality of education, operations, research and patient care.
- Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) AAMC serves and leads the academic medicine community to improve the health of all. AAMC is dedicated to transforming health care through innovative medical education, cutting-edge patient care, and groundbreaking medical research. The vision of AAMC and its members is a healthy nation and world.
- Association of Medical Illustrators (AMI) AMI furthers the use of visual media to advance life sciences, medicine, and healthcare through a network of specialized interdisciplinary professionals. AMI is recognized as the premier global resource for promoting the power of visual media to advance scientific understanding, communication, education, and research.
- Association of Schools and Colleges of Optometry (ASCO) ASCO is committed to promoting, advancing and achieving excellence in optometric education. ASCO represents the interests of institutions of optometric education, enhances the efforts of these institutions as they prepare graduates for entrance into the profession and serves the public’s eye and vision needs.
- Association of Schools of Allied Health Professions (ASAHP) ASAHP is an association for administrators, educators, and others who are concerned with critical issues affecting allied health education. ASAHP exists to improve health through excellence in interprofessional education, collaboration, leadership, research, and advocacy.
- Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA) AUPHA is dedicated to the improvement of health care delivery through excellence in healthcare management and policy education. AUPHA's mission is to foster excellence and drive innovation in health management and policy education, and scholarship while promoting the value of university-based management education for leadership roles in the health sector.
- Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (CCAOM) CCAOM was formed for the purpose of advancing the status of acupuncture and Oriental medicine in the United States by promoting educational excellence within the field. By promoting educational excellence within the field, the Council has assisted the acceptance of acupuncture and Oriental medicine in the United States.
- Foodservice Systems Management Education Council (FSMEC) FSMEC seeks to advocate for foodservice and dietetic management education, research, and practice and support members in teaching and research efforts.
- Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) JAMA, published continuously since 1883, is an international peer-reviewed general medical journal. JAMA is a member of The JAMA Network family of journals, which includes 11 specialty journals. JAMA's key objective is to promote the science and art of medicine and the betterment of the public health.
- National Association for Practical Nurse Education and Service, Inc. (NAPNES) NAPNES is dedicated to promoting and defending the practice, education and regulation of Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN), Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN), Practical Nursing Educators, Practical Nursing Schools, and Practical Nursing Students. NAPNES welcomes individuals and schools interested in promoting the professional practice, and education of practical nurses.
- National League for Nursing (NLN) NLN offers professional development, networking opportunities, testing services, nursing research grants, and public policy initiatives. NLN promotes excellence in nursing education to build a strong and diverse nursing workforce to advance the health of our nation and the global community.
- National Network of Health Career Programs in Two-Year Colleges (NN2) NN2 is composed of health education leaders from two-year colleges. NN2 is dedicated to promoting and encouraging innovation and collaboration; developing new leaders in health career education; expressing and advocating the interests of health career programs; and working collaboratively to further policy related to health career education and higher education.
- Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA) PAEA is a national organization representing physician assistant educational programs in the United States. It collects, publishes, and disseminates information on PA programs, and provides representation to affiliated organizations involved in health education, health care policy, and the national certification of PA graduates, among other objectives.
- The Pennsylvania Higher Education Nursing Schools Association (PHENSA) PHENSA is a consortium of nursing education leaders in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The purpose of PHENSA is to exercise responsible leadership in planning and implementing programs for action for the growth, development and advancement of baccalaureate and higher degree nursing programs in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Most recent job openings in Healthcare & Medicine from HigherEdJobs:
Academic360 has partnered with HigherEdJobs.com to provide additional resources for our job seekers. Listed below are the most recent job postings from HigherEdJobs.com for this discipline.
Physical and Occupational Therapy (Posted 08/15/18)
Medical Assistants (Posted 08/15/18)
Medical Assistants (Posted 08/15/18)
Additional Resources for Faculty Positions in Healthcare & Medicine:
- Multi-disciplinary Listings for the Science
- Comprehensive web sites for faculty and administrative job opportunities:
- Human Resources listings from individual colleges and universities: