- Agricultural History Society (AHS) AHS strives to promote research and study in the field of agricultural history and rural life. AHS publishes, Agricultural History. Members include agricultural economists, anthropologists, economists, environmentalists, historians, historical geographers, rural sociologists, and a variety of independent scholars.
- American Historical Association (AHA) AHA serves historians in all fields and all professions. The purposes of AHA are the promotion of studies through research, teaching, and publication; the collection and preservation of historical documents/artifacts; the dissemination of historical records/information; the broadening of historical knowledge; and the pursuit of kindred activities in the interest of history.
- Association of Ancient Historians (AAH) AAH's first objective is to foster a regular forum for scholarly interaction among historians of the Ancient Mediterranean and the second objective is to do so in a manner that emphasizes collegiality and social interaction. AAH is devoted to promoting teaching and scholarship in ancient history.
- History of Science Society (HSS) HSS is dedicated to understanding science, technology, medicine, and their interactions with society in historical context. HSS's mission is to foster interest in the history of science and its social and cultural relations.
- Institute of Historical Research (IHR) IHR is an important resource and meeting place for researchers from all over the world. IHR's mission is to: 1) promote the study of history and to provide institutional support and individual leadership; 2) offer a wide range of services for historical research by means of its library, seminars, conferences, and publications; 3) provide an accessible and stimulating portal for the exchange of ideas; and 4) produce internationally regarded scholarship.
- National Council for History Education (NCHE) NCHE has five core beliefs: 1) collegiality and collaboration enhance the study of history, 2) historical thinking should be a core element, 3) excellence in history education is achieved by the incorporation of content and appropriate instructional methods, 4) history has unique civic value, and 5) history imparts essential habits of mind.
- Organization of American Historians (OAH) OAH is dedicated to the teaching and study of American history. OAH's mission is to promote excellence in the scholarship, teaching, and presentation of American history, and to encourage wide discussion of historical questions and the equitable treatment of all practitioners of history.
- Social Science History Association (SSHA) SSHA publishes Social Science History, organizes an annual conference, and awards book prizes. The major purpose of SSHA is to improve the quality of historical explanation, particularly by encouraging the selective use and adaptation in historical teaching and research of relevant theories and methods from related disciplines.
- Society for Historical Archaeology (SHA) SHA is concerned with the archaeology of the modern world (A.D. 1400-present), specifically with the identification, excavation, interpretation, and conservation of sites and materials on land and underwater. SHA;s purpose is advocating for a global perspective in the study and protection of historical and underwater cultural resources by educating the public and policy makers.
- Western Association of Women Historians (WAWH) WAWH promotes the interests of women historians both in academic settings and in the field of history generally. WAWH holds an annual spring conference for the presentation of scholarly work, new research, and the discussion of teaching methods, writing, and other issues of importance to women scholars
- World History Association (WHA) WHA is the foremost organization for the promotion of world history through the encouragement of teaching, research, and publication. WHA brings together university professors, college/community college instructors, school teachers, graduate students, and independent scholars in a collegial camaraderie.
Most recent job openings in History from HigherEdJobs:
Academic360 has partnered with HigherEdJobs.com to provide additional resources for our job seekers. Listed below are the most recent job postings from HigherEdJobs.com for this discipline.
History (Posted 06/18/18)
San Antonio, TX
History (Posted 06/18/18)
New Rochelle, NY
History (Posted 06/17/18)
Quinsigamond Community College