Legal Affairs & Studies
- Academy of Legal Studies in Business (ALSB) The purposes of ALSB shall be to promote and encourage scholarship and teaching of legal studies in business, business law; through publications of professional law journals; maintain a collegial and cooperative relationship among teachers and scholars; and to encourage and promote high ethical standards in the conduct of business.
- American Association for Justice (AAJ) AAJ provides trial attorneys with information, professional support and a nationwide network that enables them to most effectively and expertly represent clients. The mission of AAJ is to promote a fair and effective justice system.
- American Association of Law Libraries (AALL) AALL advances law librarianship and supports the professional growth of members through leadership and advocacy in the field of legal information and information policy. AALL's values include lifelong learning and intellectual growth, commitment to diversity, equitable and permanent public access to legal information, and continuous improvement in access to justice.
- American Bar Association (ABA) ABA serves members by improving the profession, eliminating bias and enhancing diversity, and advancing the rule of law throughout the United States and the world. ABA is committed to supporting the legal profession with practical resources for legal professionals while improving the administration of justice, accrediting law schools, establishing model ethical codes, and more.
- American Law and Economics Association (ALEA) ALEA is dedicated to the advancement of economic understanding of law and related areas of public policy and regulation. The American Law and Economics Review is a refereed journal and is published semi-annually since 1999.
- American Law Institute (ALI) ALI is the leading independent organization in the United States producing scholarly work to clarify, modernize, and otherwise improve the law. The mission of ALI is to promote the clarification and simplification of the law and its better adaptation to social needs, to secure the better administration of justice, and to encourage and carry on scholarly and scientific legal work.
- American Law Institute Continuing Legal Education (ALI CLE) ALI CLE maintains an unparalleled commitment to promoting excellence in continuing legal education. ALI CLE publishes four national periodicals – The Practical Lawyer, The Practical Tax Lawyer, The Practical Real Estate Lawyer, and the Estate Planning Course Materials Journal – and has a notable collection of forms which lawyers rely for their varied practices.
- Association of American Law Schools (AALS) AALS is a nonprofit association of law schools, law students, lawyers, judges, and lawmakers. The mission of AALS is to uphold and advance excellence in legal education. AALS serves as the learned society for law faculty at its member schools, and provides them with extensive professional development opportunities.
- Canadian Association of Law Teachers (CALT) CALT brings together law teachers from across Canada in pursuit of common interests and concerns. CALT publishes the Canadian Legal Education Annual Review, which includes research on teaching and learning in law.
- Clinical Legal Education Association (CLEA) CLEA advocates for clinical legal education as fundamental to the education of lawyers. CLEA seeks to: foster teaching and scholarship; integrate clinical teaching; reform legal education to prepare students for reflective law practice; advance regulation of legal education; and promote justice and diversity as core values of the legal profession.
- Council on Legal Education Opportunity, Inc. (CLEO) The mission of CLEO is to increase the number of lawyers from diverse backgrounds that are actively contributing to the legal profession by continually expanding opportunities for persons from minority, low-income and disadvantaged communities to attend law school, graduate, and pass the bar examination.
- Education Law Association (ELA) ELA offers unbiased information to its professional members about current legal issues affecting education and the rights of those involved in education in both public and private K-12 schools, universities and colleges. ELA strives to anticipate trends in education law and support scholarly research.
- Institute for Law Teaching and Learning (ILTL) ILTL goals: to improve the quality of education in law school; to support student-centered curriculum reform; to provide national leadership on teaching and learning in law school; to support research and the development of materials; and to establish and maintain a national reputation for quality programs, responsiveness to law teachers’ needs, and innovation in law teaching.
- Law School Admission Council, Inc. (LSAC) LSAC provides unique, state-of-the-art products and services to ease the admission process for law schools and their applicants. LSAC, best known for administering the LSAT, also processes academic credentials for applicants, provides software and information for admission offices and applicants, conducts educational conferences, and other services.
- National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA) NACUA's purpose is to enhance legal assistance to colleges and universities by educating attorneys and administrators as to the nature of campus legal issues. The mission of NACUA is to advance the effective practice of higher education attorneys for the benefit of the colleges and universities they serve.
- National Black Law Student Association (NBLSA) NBLSA articulates and promotes the needs and goals of Black law students and to effectuate change in the legal community. The mission of NBLSA is to increase the number of culturally responsible Black and minority attorneys who excel academically, succeed professionally, and positively impact the community.
- The Center for Law and Education (CLE) CLE strives to make the right of all students to quality education a reality throughout the nation and to help enable communities to address their own public education problems effectively, with an emphasis on assistance to low-income communities.
Most recent job openings in Legal Affairs & Studies from HigherEdJobs:
Academic360 has partnered with HigherEdJobs.com to provide additional resources for our job seekers. Listed below are the most recent job postings from HigherEdJobs.com for this discipline.
Law and Legal Studies (Posted 08/15/18)
Full Sail University
Winter Park, FL
Law and Legal Studies (Posted 08/15/18)
National Louis University
Law and Legal Studies (Posted 08/11/18)
Port Saint Lucie, FL
Additional Resources for Faculty Positions in Legal Affairs & Studies:
- Comprehensive web sites for faculty and administrative job opportunities:
- Human Resources listings from individual colleges and universities: