- American Association of Law Libraries American Association of Law Libraries was founded in 1906 to promote and enhance the value of law libraries to the legal and public communities, to foster the profession of law librarianship, and to provide leadership in the field of legal information. With over 5,000 members, the Association represents law librarians and related professionals who are affiliated with a wide range of institutions: law firms; law schools; corporate legal departments; courts; and local, state and federal government agencies.
- American Association of School Librarians (AASL) The mission of the American Association of School Librarians is to advocate excellence, facilitate change, and develop leaders in the school library media field.
- American Library Association (ALA) American Library Association (ALA) seeks to promote library service and librarianship. The ALA provides leadership for the development, promotion and improvement of library and information services and the profession of librarianship in order to enhance learning and ensure access to information for all.
- Association for Library and Information Science Education (ALISE) The Association for Library Information Science Education (ALISE) carries job announcements from institutional members under the following categories: Dean/Director Positions, Faculty Positions, Visiting/Summer Positions, and Other.
- Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) The ACRL, a division of the American Library Association, is a professional association of academic librarians and other interested individuals. It is dedicated to enhancing the ability of academic library and information professionals to serve the information needs of the higher education community and to improve learning, teaching, and research.
- Association of Research Libraries (ARL) ARL is a nonprofit organization of 123 research libraries at comprehensive, research-extensive institutions in the US and Canada that share similar research missions, aspirations, and achievements.
- British Association for Information and Library Education and Research (BAILER) The British Association for Information and Library Education and Research – BAILER – includes all teaching and research staff in the Information and Library Schools and Departments in the UK and Ireland. It aims to reflect and focus the evolution of the field of information and library studies through the development and encouragement of its members.
- California Academic & Research Libraries (CARL) CARL's purpose is to provide opportunities for the professional growth of its members by conducting workshops and arranging programs; to encourage the exchange of ideas and information relating to library cooperation and development; to disseminate educational information oriented to those working in academic and research libraries; and to support and, when appropriate, participate in programs of other regional and local organizations in California in order to promote and improve library service to the academic and research community.
- Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP) CILIP is a professional body for librarians, information specialists and knowledge managers. CILIP provides practical support for members throughout their entire careers, helping them with their academic education, professional qualifications, job hunting, and continuing professional development.
- Council of Australian University Librarians (CAUL) CAUL seeks to improve access by the staff and students of Australian universities to the information resources that are fundamental to the advancement of teaching, learning and research. Membership of CAUL is open to the University Librarian or equivalent of institutions which have representation on Universities Australia. Membership may also be open to the Chief Librarians of other nationally significant libraries in higher education institutions which are not represented on Universities Australia.
- EDUCAUSE EDUCAUSE is a nonprofit association whose mission is to advance higher education by promoting the intelligent use of information technology. EDUCAUSE helps those who lead, manage, and use information resources to shape strategic decisions at every level. A comprehensive range of resources and activities is available to all interested employees at EDUCAUSE member organizations, with special opportunities open to designated member representatives.
- Illinois Association of College and Research Libraries (IACRL) The IACRL is a forum of the Illinois Library Association (ILA) and a chapter of the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL), a division of the American Library Association (ALA). Academic libraries in this document are defined as college, community, technical and junior colleges and university libraries as well as research libraries not affiliated with academic institutions. The mission of the IACRL is to promote the interests of academic libraries and the personnel of those libraries; to enhance the abilities of academic library personnel to identify and meet the information needs of current and potential library users; to develop and promote leadership to the academic library community.
- International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) IFLA is the leading international body representing the interests of library and information services and their users. It is the global voice of the library and information profession. IFLA has 1600 Members in approximately 150 countries around the world.
- Library and Information Technology Association (LITA) The Library and Information Technology Association is the leading organization reaching out across types of libraries to provide education and services for a broad membership. The membership includes new professionals, systems librarians, library administrators, library schools, vendors and anyone else interested in leading edge technology and applications for librarians and information providers.
- Research Libraries UK (RLUK) A consortium of research libraries with a mission to work with our members and with our partners, nationally and internationally, to shape and to realise the vision of the modern research library.
Most recent job openings in Library Science from HigherEdJobs:
Academic360 has partnered with HigherEdJobs.com to provide additional resources for our job seekers. Listed below are the most recent job postings from HigherEdJobs.com for this discipline.
Libraries (Posted 01/23/17)
Mohawk Valley Community College
Library and Information Science (Posted 01/23/17)
Austin Community College District
Round Rock, TX
Library and Information Science (Posted 01/20/17)