- American Association of Law Libraries (AALL) AALL advances law librarianship and supports the professional growth of members through leadership and advocacy in the field of legal information and information policy. AALL's values include lifelong learning and intellectual growth, commitment to diversity, equitable and permanent public access to legal information, and continuous improvement in access to justice.
- American Association of School Librarians (AASL) AASL is focused on school librarians and the school library community. The mission of AASL is to empower leaders to transform teaching and learning. The strategic plan of AASL examines three critical issues: association relevance, membership development, and association governance and leadership.
- American Library Association (ALA) ALA seeks to promote library service and librarianship. ALA provides leadership for the development, promotion and improvement of library and information services and the profession of librarianship in order to enhance learning and ensure access to information for all.
- Association for Library and Information Science Education (ALISE) ALISE serves as the intellectual home of faculty, staff, and students in library and information science, and allied disciplines. ALISE leads innovative and high quality research, teaching, and service for educators and scholars in library and information science internationally through engagement, advocacy, and knowledge creation and dissemination.
- Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) ACRL is a professional association of academic librarians and other interested individuals. ACRL is dedicated to enhancing the ability of academic library and information professionals to serve the information needs of the higher education community and to improve learning, teaching, and research.
- Association of Research Libraries (ARL) ARL is a nonprofit organization of research libraries at comprehensive, research-extensive institutions in the US and Canada that share similar research missions, aspirations, and achievements.
- British Association for Information and Library Education and Research (BAILER) BAILER includes all teaching and research staff in the Information and Library Schools and Departments in the UK and Ireland. BAILER exists to reflect and help focus the evolution of the field of information and library studies.
- California Academic & Research Libraries (CARL) CARL provides opportunities for professional growth of members by conducting workshops and arranging programs; exchanging ideas and information; disseminating educational information; and supporting programs of other regional/local organizations to promote and improve library service to the academic and research community.
- Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP) CILIP is a professional body for librarians, information specialists and knowledge managers. CILIP provides practical support for members throughout their entire careers, helping them with their academic education, professional qualifications, job hunting, and continuing professional development.
- Council of Australian University Librarians (CAUL) CAUL makes a significant contribution to higher education strategy, policy and outcomes through a commitment to a shared purpose: To transform how people experience knowledge – how it can be discovered, used and shared.
- Illinois Library Association (ILA) ILA is a professional membership organization that represents Illinois libraries. ILA connects library professionals and supporters to each other and the important issues facing libraries. The purpose of ILA is to improve and develop library service and librarianship.
- International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) IFLA is an international body representing the interests of library and information services and their users. It is the global voice of the library and information profession.
- Library and Information Technology Association (LITA) LITA is an organization reaching out across all types of libraries to provide education and services for a broad membership. Members include new professionals, systems librarians, library administrators, library schools, vendors and others in leading edge technology and applications for librarians and information providers.
- Research Libraries UK (RLUK) RLUK aims to optimise the contribution that research libraries and collections make to the economic, technological and cultural success of the UK and Ireland. RLUK are investing in and developing strategic projects, reports and innovations that are fomenting much greater engagement with and services for the research community.
Most recent job openings in Library from HigherEdJobs:
Academic360 has partnered with HigherEdJobs.com to provide additional resources for our job seekers. Listed below are the most recent job postings from HigherEdJobs.com for this discipline.
Library and Information Science (Posted 07/22/18)
University of Wisconsin - Madison
Library and Information Science (Posted 07/20/18)
College of DuPage
Glen Ellyn, IL
Library and Information Science (Posted 07/19/18)
College of DuPage
Glen Ellyn, IL