- American Association for Applied Linguistics (AAAL) AAAL facilitates the advancement and dissemination of knowledge and understanding regarding language-related issues in order to improve the lives of individuals and conditions in society. AAAL creates opportunities for scholarly communication and professional networking; raises public awareness of language-related issues; and promotes the status of applied linguistics in the academy and in society.
- American Dialect Society (ADS) ADS is dedicated to the study of the English language in North America, and of other languages, or dialects of other languages, influencing it or influenced by it. Members include academics and amateurs, professors and students, professionals and dilettantes, teachers and writers, undergraduates and graduates.
- Belgian Association of Anglicists in Higher Education (BAAHE) BAAHE brings together anglicists working in the fields of literature and cultural studies, linguistics and translation studies, and ELT. BAAHE organizes a yearly conference and publishes the international, peer-reviewed journal English Text Construction (ETC).
- Canadian Linguistic Association (CLA) CLA's aim is the promotion of the study of languages and linguistics in Canada. In order to further this aim, the CLA publishes a scholarly journal, Canadian Journal of Linguistics and organizes an annual conference.
- International Association of Applied Linguistics (AILA) AILA is composed of national/regional associations of Applied Linguistics. AILA pursues: 1) actively contributing to the development of applied linguistics, 2) promoting the exchange of scientific knowledge and practical experience, 3) stimulating international cooperation, 4) fostering language pluralism, and 5) supporting applied linguistics in developing countries.
- Linguistic Society of America (LSA) The mission of LSA is to advance the scientific study of language. LSA plays a critical role in supporting and disseminating linguistic scholarship both to professional linguists and to the general public. The primary goals are to advance the mission of LSA via scholarly communication, community building, professional development, and external relations.
Most recent job openings in Linguistics from HigherEdJobs:
Academic360 has partnered with HigherEdJobs.com to provide additional resources for our job seekers. Listed below are the most recent job postings from HigherEdJobs.com for this discipline.
Linguistics (Posted 07/12/18)
University of North Texas
English and Literature (Posted 07/06/18)
Grand Canyon University
Adjunct -The Power of Media: Social and Critical Approaches - Traditional Campus - College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Linguistics (Posted 07/06/18)
Grand Canyon University