- American Association for Applied Linguistics (AAAL) The American Association for Applied Linguistics (AAAL), the United States affiliate of the International Association of Applied Linguistics (AILA), is a professional organization whose members engage in research and practice in applied language issues.
- American Dialect Society The American Dialect Society is dedicated to the study of the English language in North America, and of other languages, or dialects of other languages, influencing it or influenced by it. Its members include academics and amateurs, professionals and dilettantes, teachers and writers.
- Belgian Association of Anglicists in Higher Education (BAAHE) The mission of BAAHE is to bring together all teachers of English in Belgian higher education; to promote teaching and research in the field of English studies; to publish a journal and/or working documents in that field; to ensure contacts with foreign associations of anglicists.
- Canadian Linguistic Association (CLA) Canadian Linguistic Association, which was founded in 1955, has as its aim the promotion of the study of languages and linguistics in Canada. In order to further this aim, the CLA publishes a scholarly journal and organizes an annual conference.
- International Association of Applied Linguistics (AILA) AILA is the international federation of national or regional associations of Applied Linguistics. Through its member associations, AILA currently has a membership of more than 8,000 individuals worldwide who as researchers, policy makers or practitioners are active in the field of Applied Linguistics.
- Linguistic Society of America (LSA) LSA is the major professional society in the United States that is exclusively dedicated to the advancement of the scientific study of language. The LSA plays a critical role in supporting and disseminating linguistic scholarship, as well as facilitating the application of current research to scientific, educational, and social issues concerning language.
- The LINGUIST List The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST maintains a web-site with over 2000 pages and runs a mailing list with over 25,000 subscribers worldwide. The aim of the list is to provide a forum where academic linguists can discuss linguistic issues and exchange linguistic information. With the aid of the publishing community and the contributions of the subscribers, it now offers over 20 fellowships to graduate students, who serve in return as editors of the list.
Most recent job openings in Linguistics from HigherEdJobs:
Academic360 has partnered with HigherEdJobs.com to provide additional resources for our job seekers. Listed below are the most recent job postings from HigherEdJobs.com for this discipline.
Linguistics (Posted 11/16/17)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Linguistics (Posted 11/14/17)
Angelo State University
San Angelo, TX
Foreign Languages and Literatures (Posted 11/11/17)
West Virginia University