- American Mathematical Association of Two-Year Colleges (AMATYC) The American Mathematical Association of Two-Year Colleges was founded in 1974. It is the only organization exclusively devoted to providing a national forum for the improvement of mathematics instruction in the first two years of college. AMATYC has approximately 2,500 individual members and more than 100 institutional members in the United States and Canada.
- American Mathematical Society (AMS) Founded in 1888 to further mathematical research and scholarship, the American Mathematical Society fulfills its mission through programs and services that promote mathematical research and its uses, strengthen mathematical education, and foster awareness and appreciation of mathematics and its connections to other disciplines and to everyday life.
- American Statistical Association (ASA) The ASA mission is to promote excellence in the application of statistical science across the wealth of human endeavor, specifically to: support excellence in statistical practice, research, journals, and meetings; work for the improvement of statistical education at all levels; promote the proper application of statistics; anticipate and meet member needs; use the discipline of statistics to enhance human welfare; seek opportunities to advance the statistics profession.
- Association for Symbolic Logic (ASL) The Association for Symbolic Logic is an international organization supporting research and critical studies in logic. Its primary function is to provide an effective forum for the presentation, publication, and critical discussion of scholarly work in this area of inquiry.
- Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM) The purpose of the Association for Women in Mathematics is to encourage women and girls to study and to have active careers in the mathematical sciences, and to promote equal opportunity and the equal treatment of women and girls in the mathematical sciences.
- Australian Mathematical Society (Aust MS) The Australian Mathematical Society is the national society of the mathematics profession in Australia. Its mission is to promote and extend mathematical knowledge and its applications.
- Canadian Mathematical Society (CMS) The goal of the Canadian Mathematical Society is to promote and advance the discovery, learning and application of Canadian mathematics.
- European Mathematical Society (EMS) Aims to further the development of all aspects of mathematics in the countries of Europe and establish a sense of identity amongst European mathematicians.
- European Women in Mathematics (EWM) EWM is an international association of women working in the field of mathematics. The purpose of the association is to encourage women to study mathematics, to support women in their careers, to provide a meeting place for like-minded people, to promote scientific communication, to cooperate with groups and organizations with similar goals, and to gather and provide information on women in mathematics.
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) INFORMS is the leading international association for professionals in operations research and analytics. INFORMS promotes best practices and advances in operations research, management science, and analytics to improve operational processes, decision-making, and outcomes through an array of highly-cited publications, conferences, competitions, networking communities, and professional development services.
- International Association of Mathematical Physics (IAMP) The International Association of Mathematical Physics (IAMP) was founded in 1976 in order to promote research in mathematical physics. The Association invites mathematicians and physicists (including students) interested in this goal to become members.
- London Mathematical Society (LMS) The Society was founded in 1865 for the promotion and extension of mathematical knowledge and was granted a Royal Charter in 1965. The Society is registered as a charity with the United Kingdom Charity Commissioners. It is the major British learned society for Mathematics, with a nationwide membership and several hundred overseas members.
- Mathematical Association of Western Australia (MAWA) The Mathematical Association of Western Australia, known as MAWA was established by a group of dedicated mathematics educators who wanted to promote mathematics education in Western Australia. Since its inception MAWA has grown to include Pre-service , Primary, Secondary and Tertiary teachers, students and parents.
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) The National Council of Teachers of Mathematics is a public voice of mathematics education to support teachers to ensure equitable mathematics learning of the highest quality for all students through vision, leadership, professional development and research.
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) SIAM is an international community of close to 12,000 individual members. Almost 500 academic, manufacturing, research and development, service and consulting organizations, government, and military organizations worldwide are institutional members. SIAM fosters the development of applied mathematical and computational methodologies needed in these various application areas.
- St. Petersburg Mathematical Society Lectures of leading mathematicians held at the Society meetings on the regular bases is the major direction of its activity. Over a dozen of such meetings take place each year. The topics of these lectures are the most important recent results in various fields of mathematics, major mathematical dates, anniversaries of the most respected Petersburg mathematicians, discussions on actual topics. Click this to have a notion about them.
- Statistical Society of Canada (SSC) The mission of the Statistical Society of Canada is to encourage the development and use of statistics and probability.
- The Benjamin Banneker Association, Inc. The Benjamin Banneker Association is a national non-profit organization dedicated to mathematics education advocacy, establishing a presence for leadership, and professional development to support teachers in leveling the playing field for mathematics learning of the highest quality for African-American students.
- The Mathematical Association of America (MAA) The Mathematical Association of America is a professional society that focuses on mathematics accessible at the undergraduate level. Members include university, college, and high school teachers; graduate and undergraduate students; pure and applied mathematicians; computer scientists; statisticians; and many others in academia, government, business, and industry.
Most recent job openings in Mathematics from HigherEdJobs:
Academic360 has partnered with HigherEdJobs.com to provide additional resources for our job seekers. Listed below are the most recent job postings from HigherEdJobs.com for this discipline.
Mathematics (Posted 11/21/17)
Mohawk Valley Community College
Mathematics (Posted 11/20/17)
University of Massachusetts - Dartmouth
Mathematics (Posted 11/20/17)
South Arkansas Community College
El Dorado, AR
Additional Resources for Faculty Positions in Mathematics:
- Multi-disciplinary Listings for the Science
- Comprehensive web sites for faculty and administrative job opportunities:
- Human Resources listings from individual colleges and universities: