- American Mathematical Association of Two-Year Colleges (AMATYC) AMATYC, founded in 1974, is the only organization exclusively devoted to providing a national forum for the improvement of mathematics instruction in the first two years of college. AMATYC's vision is to be the leading voice and resource for excellence in mathematics education in the first two years of college. The mission of AMATYC is to provide high quality professional development, to advocate and collaborate at all levels, and to build communities of learners for all involved in mathematics education in the first two years of college.
- American Mathematical Society (AMS) AMS, founded in 1888, aims to further the interests of mathematical research, scholarship and education, serving the national and international community through publications, meetings, advocacy and other programs. The goals of the AMS are to: 1) promote mathematical research, its communication and uses; 2) encourage and promote the transmission of mathematical understanding and skills; 3) support mathematical education at all levels; 4) advance the status of the profession of mathematics, encouraging and facilitating full participation of all individuals; and 5) foster an awareness and appreciation of mathematics and its connections to other disciplines and everyday life.
- American Statistical Association (ASA) ASA is the world’s largest community of statisticians and is the second-oldest, continuously operating professional association in the country. Since the founding in 1839, ASA has supported excellence in the development, application, and dissemination of statistical science through meetings, publications, membership services, education, accreditation, and advocacy. The mission of ASA is promoting the practice and profession of statistics. ASA's vision is a world that relies on data and statistical thinking to drive discovery and inform decisions. The objectives of ASA are to foster statistics and its applications, to promote unity and effectiveness of effort among all concerned with statistical problems, and to increase the contribution of statistics to human welfare.
- Association for Symbolic Logic (ASL) ASL is an international organization supporting research and critical studies in logic. ASL's primary function is to provide an effective forum for the presentation, publication, and critical discussion of scholarly work in this area of inquiry. ASL aims to promote an awareness and appreciation of these advances among all who may benefit. The objective of ASL is to present current research in logic to all logicians in such a way as to preserve the essential integrity of the entire subject and to promote interactions of all aspects of logic with each other.
- Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM) AWM is a non-profit organization founded in 1971 with the purpose to encourage women and girls to study and to have active careers in the mathematical sciences, and to promote equal opportunity and the equal treatment of women and girls in the mathematical sciences. AWM is committed to sustaining an international mathematical environment and we affirm the importance of policies that ensure open scientific borders.
- Australian Mathematical Society (Aust MS) Aust MS is the national society of the mathematics profession in Australia. The mission of Aust MS is to promote and extend mathematical knowledge and its applications. The Society: 1) promotes mathematics in the community, 2) represents the interests of the profession to government, 3) produces publications and submissions, 4) holds conferences and seminars, and 5) provides awards in recognition of outstanding contributions to the mathematical sciences.
- Canadian Mathematical Society (CMS) The focus of CMS is very much on the future - a future in which we will more aggressively reach out to and form new partnerships with the users of mathematics in business, governments and universities, educators in the school and college systems as well as other mathematical associations; and in doing so, share experiences, work on collaborative projects and generally enhance the perception and strengthen the profile of mathematics in Canada. The goal of CMS is to promote and advance the discovery, learning and application of mathematics.
- European Mathematical Society (EMS) EMS is a learned society representing mathematicians throughout Europe. The purpose of EMS is to further the development of all aspects of mathematics in Europe, in particular mathematical research, relations of mathematics to society, relations to European institutions, and mathematical education.
- European Women in Mathematics (EWM) EWM is an international association of women working in the field of mathematics. The purpose of the association is to encourage women to study mathematics, to support women in their careers, to provide a meeting place for like-minded people, to promote scientific communication, to cooperate with groups and organizations with similar goals, to give prominence and visibility to women mathematicians, and to spread their vision of mathematics and science.
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) INFORMS is the leading international association for professionals in operations research and analytics. INFORMS promotes best practices and advances in operations research, management science, and analytics to improve operational processes, decision-making, and outcomes through an array of highly-cited publications, conferences, competitions, networking communities, and professional development services.
- International Association of Mathematical Physics (IAMP) IAMP was founded in 1976 in order to promote research in mathematical physics. The aims of IAMP are to promote international cooperation in mathematical physics and to encourage and coordinate activities in mathematical physics. IAMP offers a platform to represent the interests of mathematical physicists worldwide through which they can exchange ideas, discuss concerns and inform the broader scientific community and the general public about their achievements.
- London Mathematical Society (LMS) LMS is the UK’s learned society for mathematics. LMS's purpose is the advancement, dissemination and promotion of mathematical knowledge, both nationally and internationally. The major activities of the Society are: the provision of grants to support mathematics; society meetings; publishing; contributing to public debate on matters affecting mathematics and mathematics education; the Society's Library consisting of periodicals, copies of books and journals, and additional items; the award of medals and prizes for outstanding contributions to mathematics; and the appointment of several lectureships in the UK.
- Mathematical Association of America (MAA) MAA is the world’s largest community of mathematicians, students, and enthusiasts. The mission of MAA is to advance the understanding of mathematics, and its impact on the world. This mission guides the core interests of education, research, professional development, public policy, and public appreciation. The vision of MAA is to be the leading professional association in collegiate mathematics, the preeminent publisher of expository mathematics, the primary source of professional development programs for faculty, and the number one provider of resources for teaching and learning.
- Mathematical Association of Western Australia (MAWA) MAWA is a non-profit organisation which works to support teachers and students of mathematics in Western Australia. MAWA serves the community of teachers, students, parents and all others involved in Mathematics education by: recognizing and acknowledging excellence in Mathematics education in Western Australia; being proactive in fostering improvements in Mathematics education in Western Australia; providing opportunities for teachers to share experiences and enhance their teaching of Mathematics; fostering student understanding and appreciation of Mathematics; and representing the membership body in all matters of Mathematics education relevant to Western Australia.
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) Founded in 1920, NCTM is the world's largest mathematics education organization. NCTM advocates for high-quality mathematics teaching and learning for each and every student. The mission is accomplished by: 1) teaching and learning; 2) access, equity and empowerment; 3) building member value; and 4) advocacy.
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) SIAM exists to ensure the strongest interactions between mathematics and other scientific and technological communities through membership activities, publication of journals and books, and conferences. SIAM fosters the development of applied mathematical and computational methodologies needed in these various application areas. SIAM was incorporated in 1952 as a nonprofit organization to convey useful mathematical knowledge to other professionals who could implement mathematical theory for practical, industrial, or scientific use. SIAM’s goals have remained the same: To advance the application of mathematics and computational science to engineering, industry, science, and society; To promote research that will lead to effective new mathematical and computational methods and techniques for science, engineering, industry, and society; and To provide media for the exchange of information and ideas among mathematicians, engineers, and scientists.
- Statistical Society of Canada (SSC) The purpose of SSC is to advance the knowledge and education of Canadians concerning statistical sciences and related fields by: 1) carrying out educational symposia, workshops and other similar programs; 2) carrying out educational programs which enhance the importance of statistical sciences and related fields in Canadian society; 3) developing and producing relevant educational materials to be used in connecting with (1) and (2); 4) publishing a scientific journal of high academic quality for distribution to statisticians, and to the interested public; 5) providing grants, prizes and other honours; and 6) carrying out or supporting research and making the results of that research available to the interested public and the government. The mission of the SSC is to encourage the development and use of statistics and probability.
Most recent job openings in Mathematics from HigherEdJobs:
Academic360 has partnered with HigherEdJobs.com to provide additional resources for our job seekers. Listed below are the most recent job postings from HigherEdJobs.com for this discipline.
Mathematics (Posted 05/22/18)
College of Micronesia-FSM
Pohnpei, Micronesia, Federated States of
Mathematics (Posted 05/22/18)
Western Governors University
Salt Lake City, UT
Mathematics (Posted 05/22/18)
Georgia Southern University
Additional Resources for Faculty Positions in Mathematics:
- Multi-disciplinary Listings for the Science
- Comprehensive web sites for faculty and administrative job opportunities:
- Human Resources listings from individual colleges and universities: