Mathematics & Statistics
- American Mathematical Association of Two-Year Colleges (AMATYC) AMATYC is exclusively devoted to providing a national forum for the improvement of mathematics instruction in the first two years of college. The mission of AMATYC is to provide high quality professional development, to advocate and collaborate at all levels, and to build communities of learners for all involved in mathematics education in the first two years of college.
- American Mathematical Society (AMS) AMS aims to further the interests of mathematical research, scholarship and education, serving the national and international community through publications, meetings, advocacy and other programs.
- American Statistical Association (ASA) ASA is a community of statisticians and supports excellence in the development, application, and dissemination of statistical science through meetings, publications, membership services, education, accreditation, and advocacy. The mission of ASA is promoting the practice and profession of statistics.
- Association for Symbolic Logic (ASL) ASL is an international organization supporting research and critical studies in logic. ASL's primary function is to provide an effective forum for the presentation, publication, and critical discussion of scholarly work in this area of inquiry.
- Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM) AWM's purpose is to encourage women and girls to study and to have active careers in the mathematical sciences, and to promote equal opportunity and the equal treatment of women and girls in the mathematical sciences. AWM is committed to sustaining an international mathematical environment and we affirm the importance of policies that ensure open scientific borders.
- Australian Mathematical Society (Aust MS) Aust MS's is to promote and extend mathematical knowledge and its applications. The Society promotes mathematics in the community, represents the interests of the profession to government, produces publications and submissions, holds conferences and seminars, and provides awards for outstanding contributions to the mathematical sciences.
- Canadian Mathematical Society (CMS) The focus of CMS is very much on the future - a future in which we will more aggressively reach out to and form new partnerships with the users of mathematics in business, governments and universities, educators in the school and college systems as well as other mathematical associations. CMS promotes and advances the discovery, learning and application of mathematics.
- European Mathematical Society (EMS) The purpose of EMS is to further the development of all aspects of mathematics in Europe, in particular mathematical research, relations of mathematics to society, relations to European institutions, and mathematical education.
- European Women in Mathematics (EWM) The purpose of the association is to encourage women to study mathematics, to support women in their careers, to provide a meeting place for like-minded people, to promote scientific communication, to cooperate with groups and organizations with similar goals, to give prominence and visibility to women mathematicians, and to spread their vision of mathematics and science.
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) INFORMS promotes best practices and advances in operations research, management science, and analytics to improve operational processes, decision-making, and outcomes through an array of highly-cited publications, conferences, competitions, networking communities, and professional development services.
- International Association of Mathematical Physics (IAMP) IAMP was founded in 1976 in order to promote research in mathematical physics. The aims of IAMP are to promote international cooperation in mathematical physics and to encourage and coordinate activities in mathematical physics.
- London Mathematical Society (LMS) LMS's purpose is the advancement, dissemination and promotion of mathematical knowledge. Activities of LMS are: the provision of grants; society meetings; publishing; contributing to public debate; the Society's Library consisting of periodicals, copies of books and journals; and awards for outstanding contributions to mathematics.
- Mathematical Association of America (MAA) The mission of MAA is to advance the understanding of mathematics, and its impact on the world. This mission guides the core interests of education, research, professional development, public policy, and public appreciation.
- Mathematical Association of Western Australia (MAWA) MAWA serves the community of teachers, students, parents and all others involved in Mathematics education by: recognizing and acknowledging excellence in Mathematics; being proactive in fostering improvements; providing opportunities for teachers to share experiences and enhance their teaching; fostering student understanding and appreciation; and representing members in all matters.
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) NCTM is the world's largest mathematics education organization. NCTM advocates for high-quality mathematics teaching and learning for each and every student. The mission is accomplished by: 1) teaching and learning; 2) access, equity and empowerment; 3) building member value; and 4) advocacy.
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) SIAM exists to ensure the strongest interactions between mathematics and other scientific and technological communities through membership activities, publication of journals and books, and conferences. SIAM was incorporated in 1952 to convey useful mathematical knowledge to other professionals who could implement mathematical theory for practical, industrial, or scientific use.
- Statistical Society of Canada (SSC) SSC's purpose is to advance the knowledge and education concerning statistical sciences by: 1) carrying out educational symposia and workshops; 2) conducting educational programs to enhance the statistical sciences; 3) developing educational materials; 4) publishing a scientific journal; 5) providing grants and prizes; and 6) supporting research.
Most recent job openings in Mathematics & Statistics from HigherEdJobs:
Academic360 has partnered with HigherEdJobs.com to provide additional resources for our job seekers. Listed below are the most recent job postings from HigherEdJobs.com for this discipline.
Mathematics (Posted 08/15/18)
National Louis University
Mathematics (Posted 08/15/18)
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Mathematics (Posted 08/15/18)
University of California, Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz, CA
Additional Resources for Faculty Positions in Mathematics & Statistics:
- Multi-disciplinary Listings for the Science
- Comprehensive web sites for faculty and administrative job opportunities:
- Human Resources listings from individual colleges and universities: