- American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT) AAPT is a professional membership association of scientists dedicated to enhancing the understanding and appreciation of physics through teaching.
- American Institute of Physics (AIP) The American Institute of Physics (AIP) is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit membership corporation created for the purpose of promoting the advancement and diffusion of the knowledge of physics and its application to human welfare. AIP offers programs that advance and distribute the knowledge of the physical sciences and its applications; enhance and cultivate the physical sciences disciplines; enable and foster collaborative efforts among stakeholders in the physical sciences; and promote the physical sciences to the public, leaders, government officials, agencies, and the media.
- American Physical Society (APS) The American Physical Society (APS) is a nonprofit membership organization working to advance and diffuse the knowledge of physics through its outstanding research journals, scientific meetings, and education, outreach, advocacy, and international activities.
- European Physical Society (EPS) The European Physical Society is a not for profit association whose purpose is to contribute to and promote the advancement of physics in Europe and neighbouring countries. Created in 1968, the EPS: provides an international forum to discuss science and policy issues of interest to its members; engages in activities to reduce European fragmentation in physics research, funding and education; promotes and fosters international collaboration of physicists; and more.
- Institute of Physics (IOP) The Institute of Physics is a scientific membership society that seeks to gather, inspire, guide, represent, and celebrate all who share a passion for physics -- and to ensure that physics delivers on its exceptional potential to benefit society. The organization has a worldwide membership from enthusiastic amateurs to those at the top of their fields in academia, business, education, and government.
- International Association of Mathematical Physics (IAMP) IAMP was founded in 1976 in order to promote research in mathematical physics. The aims of IAMP are to promote international cooperation in mathematical physics and to encourage and coordinate activities in mathematical physics. IAMP offers a platform to represent the interests of mathematical physicists worldwide through which they can exchange ideas, discuss concerns and inform the broader scientific community and the general public about their achievements.
Most recent job openings in Physics from HigherEdJobs:
Academic360 has partnered with HigherEdJobs.com to provide additional resources for our job seekers. Listed below are the most recent job postings from HigherEdJobs.com for this discipline.
Physics (Posted 02/24/18)
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Daytona Beach, FL
Astronomy and Astrophysics (Posted 02/23/18)
University Center, MI
Physics (Posted 02/21/18)
Maricopa Community Colleges
Additional Resources for Faculty Positions in Physics:
- Multi-disciplinary Listings for the Science
- Comprehensive web sites for faculty and administrative job opportunities:
- Human Resources listings from individual colleges and universities: