- Agricultural & Applied Economics Association (AAEA) The AAEA is a not-for-profit association serving the professional interests of members working in agricultural and broadly related fields of applied economics. The AAEA strives to be the leading organization for professional advancement in, and dissemination of, knowledge about agricultural, development, environmental, food and consumer, natural resource, regional, rural, and associated areas of applied economics and business.
- Alpha Zeta: Leaders for the World of Agriculture Alpha Zeta is an honorary, professional society for students and industry professionals in the agriculture and natural resources fields. Founded in 1897 at Ohio State University, Alpha Zeta is the first and oldest collegiate society for agriculture. Alpha Zeta has more than 125,000 alumni and more than 2,000 student members at 74 universities.
- American Dairy Science Association (ADSA) The ADSA is an international organization of educators, scientists, and industry representatives who are committed to advancing the dairy industry and keenly aware of the vital role the dairy sciences play in fulfilling the economic, nutritive, and health requirements of the world's population. Together, ADSA members have discovered new methods and technologies that have revolutionized the dairy industry.
- American Meat Science Association (AMSA) AMSA is a broad-reaching organization of individuals that discovers, develops, and disseminates its collective meat science knowledge to provide leadership, education, and professional development.
- American Society for Horticultural Science (ASHS) ASHS is a cornerstone of research and education in horticulture and an agent for active promotion of horticultural science.
- American Society for Nutrition (ASN) ASN is a non-profit organization dedicated to bringing together the world's top researchers, clinical nutritionists and industry to advance our knowledge and application of nutrition for the sake of humans and animals.
- American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE) ASABE is an educational and scientific organization dedicated to the advancement of engineering applicable to agricultural, food, and biological systems. ASABE comprises 9,000 members in more than 100 countries.
- American Society of Agronomy (ASA) The society shall strive to promote human welfare through advancing the acquisition and dissemination of scientific knowledge concerning the nature, use, improvement, and interrelationships of plants, soils, water, and environment.
- American Society of Plant Biologists (ASPB) ASPB is a professional society devoted to the advancement of the plant sciences and is active in promoting plant biology education through the creation of programs, fellowships, and curriculum. ASPB makes resources available for K-12, Undergraduate, Graduate, and Faculty to promote the teaching and learning of science using plants and to encourage plant biology as a career choice.
- Aquatic Plant Management Society (APMS) An international organization of scientists, educators, students, commercial pesticide applicators, administrators, and concerned individuals interested in the management and study of aquatic plants. The membership reflects a diversity of federal, state, and local agencies; universities and colleges around the world; corporations; and small businesses.
- Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges (AAVMC) Provides leadership for and promotes excellence in academic veterinary medicine to prepare the veterinary workforce with the scientific knowledge and skills required to meet societal needs through the protection of animal health, the relief of animal suffering, the conservation of animal resources, the promotion of public health, and the advancement of medical knowledge.
- Collegiate Future Farmers of America (FFA) Collegiate FFA is a form of membership of the National FFA Organization. Its mission is to make a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agriculture education.
- Council for Agricultural Science and Technology (CAST) CAST is a nonprofit 501 (c)(3) organization composed of 36 scientific societies and many individual, student, company, nonprofit, and associate society members. CAST addresses issues of animal sciences, food sciences and agricultural technology, plant and soil sciences, and plant protection sciences with inputs from economists, social scientists, toxicologists or plant pathologists and entomologists, weed scientists, nematologists, and legal experts.
- Crop Science Society of America (CSSA) The CSSA shall strive to promote human welfare through advancing the acquisition and dissemination of scientific knowledge concerning the production and quality of food, feed, and fiber and other enhancements of quality of life, through the wise use, improvement, preservation and/or conservation of biological, land, water, and air resources.
- Entomological Society of America (ESA) ESA is a not-for-profit professional society serving the professional and scientific needs of entomologists and people in related disciplines. ESA has more than 5,700 members affiliated with educational institutions, health agencies, private industry, and government. Members are researchers, teachers, extension service personnel, administrators, marketing representatives, research technicians, consultants, students, and hobbyists.
- European Society for Agronomy (ESA) The ESA is for agronomists, researchers and teachers concerned with basic and applied science in agronomy: the relationships between crops, soils, climates and agricultural practices, and between agriculture and the environment. It is a forum for scientists and users of research results to exchange information and experience and for developing collaborative programmes.
- Federation of Animal Science Societies (FASS) FASS seeks to provide a forum to discuss common issues and to coordinate strategies and plans of action to meet public needs and to benefit animal agriculture, to bring together scientists and educators in areas of animal agriculture, to identify and address research priorities in animal agriculture, and to promote cooperation among all scientific societies that advance and support animal agriculture.
- International Association of Students in Agricultural and Related Sciences (IAAS) IAAS gathers students studying, majoring or researching in agriculture and related areas like environmental sciences, forestry, food sciences, landscape architecture etc. Its committees are spread in universities in over 40 countries worldwide. IAAS is a place where agricultural students from all over the world meet each other, experience new mentalities and cultures, travel and see new places and learn about all aspects of agriculture together with their future colleagues.
- North American Colleges and Teachers of Agriculture (NACTA) Seeks to advance post-secondary teaching and learning in the fields of agricultural, environmental, natural, and life sciences.
- Poultry Science Association (PSA) PSA is a professional organization consisting of approximately 3500 educators, scientists, extension specialists, administrators and producers who are committed to advancing the poultry industry.
- Rural Sociological Society (RSS) The RSS is a professional social science association that promotes the generation, application and dissemination of sociological knowledge. The Society seeks to enhance the quality of rural life, communities and the environment. This website is intended to serve all those interested in rural people and places.
- Society for Range Management (SRM) The SRM is the professional scientific society and conservation organization whose members are concerned with studying, conserving, managing and sustaining the varied resources of the rangelands which comprise nearly half the land in the world. SRM has over 4,000 members in 48 countries, including many developing nations.
- Soil Science Society of America (SSSA) The SSSA is a progressive international scientific society that fosters the transfer of knowledge and practices to sustain global soils. SSSA is the professional home for 6,000+ members dedicated to advancing the field of soil science. It provides information about soils in relation to crop production, environmental quality, ecosystem sustainability, bioremediation, waste management, recycling, and wise land use.
- Tropical Agricultural Research and Higher Education Centre (CATIE) CATIE is a regional centre dedicated to graduate education and research in agriculture and the management, conservation and sustainable use of natural resources.
Most recent job openings in Agriculture from HigherEdJobs:
Academic360 has partnered with HigherEdJobs.com to provide additional resources for our job seekers. Listed below are the most recent job postings from HigherEdJobs.com for this discipline.
Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness (Posted 10/20/17)
Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness (Posted 10/12/17)
College of Western Idaho
Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness (Posted 10/09/17)
North Carolina State University
Additional Resources for Faculty Positions in Agriculture:
- Multi-disciplinary Listings for the Science
- Comprehensive web sites for faculty and administrative job opportunities:
- Human Resources listings from individual colleges and universities: