- American Studies Association (ASA) ASA promotes the development and dissemination of interdisciplinary research on U.S. culture and history in a global context. Its purpose is to support scholars and scholarship committed to original research, critical thinking, and public dialogue. Members include researchers, teachers, students, writers, curators, community organizers, and activists from around the world.
- Austrian Association for American Studies (AAAS) The purpose of AAAS is to stimulate the establishment, extension, and intensification of American Studies at Austrian universities and other academic institutions, to promote the research activities and plans of Austrian scholars, to allow for the exchange of ideas and information, and to establish contacts with organizations of the same kind in Europe, America, and elsewhere.
- European Association for American Studies (EAAS) EAAS is a confederation of national and joint national associations of American Studies in Europe. The aims of EAAS are to encourage the study of and research in all areas of American culture and society and to promote cooperation and intercommunication between European scholars of the United States from all parts of Europe and from various disciplines.
- French Association of American Studies (AFEA) AFEA aims to bring together teachers and researchers in our area of expertise in order to promote exchanges in research, encourage teaching initiatives, and ensure the influence of French Americanists in this field. It promotes academic research on American literature, history and culture, and encourages American studies at undergraduate and graduate levels.
- International American Studies Association (IASA) IASA will provide a space for interdisciplinary dialogues about American culture and society. IASA will promote international exchanges of teachers, scholars, and students and generate debates, publications, and conferences. The IASA welcomes individual, institutional, and associational memberships from all professional Americanists in the social and natural sciences, the humanities and the arts, and all those active in matters concerning the study of America.
- Latin American Studies Association (LASA) LASA's mission is to foster intellectual discussion, research, and teaching on Latin America, the Caribbean, and its people throughout the Americas, promote the interests of its diverse membership, and encourage civic engagement through network building and public debate.
- Organization of American Historians (OAH) OAH is dedicated to the teaching and study of American history. OAH's mission is to promote excellence in the scholarship, teaching, and presentation of American history, and to encourage wide discussion of historical questions and the equitable treatment of all practitioners of history.
- The Japanese Association for American Studies (JAAS) JAAS aims to promote American studies in Japan through publication and activities facilitating communication and cooperation among specialists to cultivate a dynamic, multifaceted understanding of the United States. The disciplines and interests of members include history, literature, political science, economics, international relations, Japan-U.S. relations, law, religion, education, sociology, philosophy, women's studies, mass culture, ethnic studies, and others.
Most recent job openings in American Studies from HigherEdJobs:
Academic360 has partnered with HigherEdJobs.com to provide additional resources for our job seekers. Listed below are the most recent job postings from HigherEdJobs.com for this discipline.
American Studies (Posted 07/19/18)
Ethnic and Multicultural Studies (Posted 07/18/18)
Northeastern State University
Ethnic and Multicultural Studies (Posted 06/26/18)
Additional Resources for Faculty Positions in American Studies:
- Multi-disciplinary Listings for the Science
- Comprehensive web sites for faculty and administrative job opportunities:
- Human Resources listings from individual colleges and universities: