- American Quarterly American Quarterly is dedicated to being a forum for intellectual exchange among American studies scholars. Within the journal’s pages, you’ll find interdisciplinary scholarship aimed at motivating discussion and embracing fresh ideas in the field. American Quarterly not only publishes traditional scholarship, but it welcomes innovative approaches to critical writing through forums, event and book reviews, and reviews of digital media.
- American Studies Association (ASA) ASA promotes the development and dissemination of interdisciplinary research on U.S. culture and history in a global context. Its purpose is to support scholars and scholarship committed to original research, critical thinking, and public dialogue. Members include researchers, teachers, students, writers, curators, community organizers, and activists from around the world committed to the study and teaching of U.S. history and culture from multiple perspectives. The association is organized exclusively for educational and academic study purposes, including the promotion of meaningful dialogue about the United States across the globe by supporting scholars and scholarship committed to original research, innovative and effective teaching, critical thinking, and public discussion and debate.
- Australian and New Zealand American Studies Association (ANZASA) The purpose of ANZASA is to encourage study and research in all aspects of U.S. culture and society. In addition to publishing the Australasian Journal of American Studies, the association holds scholarly biennial conferences, supports postgraduate seminars, publishes occasional papers, supports research travel to United States for postgraduate research candidates and encourages scholarly exchanges between Australia, New Zealand and the United States.
- Austrian Association for American Studies (AAAS) The purpose of AAAS is to stimulate the establishment, extension, and intensification of American Studies at Austrian universities and other academic institutions, to promote the research activities and plans of Austrian scholars in the field of American Studies, to allow for the exchange of ideas and information in the field of American Studies, and to establish contacts with organizations of the same kind in Europe, America, and elsewhere.
- European Association for American Studies (EAAS) EAAS is a confederation of national and joint national associations of American Studies in Europe. The objects and aims of the Association are to encourage the study of and research in all areas of American culture and society and to promote cooperation and intercommunication between European scholars of the United States from all parts of Europe and from various disciplines.
- French Association of American Studies (AFEA) AFEA aims to bring together teachers and researchers in our area of expertise in order to promote exchanges in research, encourage teaching initiatives, and ensure the influence of French Americanists in this field. It promotes academic research on American literature, history and culture, and encourages American studies at undergraduate and graduate levels.
- International American Studies Association (IASA) IASA will provide a space for interdisciplinary dialogues about American culture and society. To this purpose, it will promote international exchanges of teachers, scholars, and students and generate debates, publications, and conferences. The IASA welcomes individual, institutional, and associational memberships to its ranks from all professional Americanists in the social and natural sciences, the humanities and the arts, from intellectuals, artists, journalists, public officials, and all those active in matters concerning the study of America.
- Latin American Studies Association (LASA) LASA is the largest professional Association in the world for individuals and institutions engaged in the study of Latin America. LASA's mission is to foster intellectual discussion, research, and teaching on Latin America, the Caribbean, and its people throughout the Americas, promote the interests of its diverse membership, and encourage civic engagement through network building and public debate. LASA advances the Latin Americanist community in numerous other ways. It provides access to the Latin American Research Review, the premier U.S.-based journal in Latin American studies; it publishes the LASA Forum, a quarterly newsletter; it alerts members to professional opportunities; it recognizes scholarly achievement and it represents Latin Americanists' interests and views before the U.S. government and at times to governments elsewhere.
- Organization of American Historians (OAH) OAH, founded in 1907, is the largest professional society dedicated to the teaching and study of American history. The mission of the organization is to promote excellence in the scholarship, teaching, and presentation of American history, and to encourage wide discussion of historical questions and the equitable treatment of all practitioners of history. OAH is guided by three principles: 1) advancement of scholarship, 2) historical advocacy, and 3) professional integrity.
- The Japanese Association for American Studies (JAAS) JAAS aims to promote American studies in Japan through publication and activities facilitating communication and cooperation among specialists on the Americas. The disciplines and interests of members include history, literature, political science, economics, international relations, Japan-U.S. relations, law, religion, education, sociology, philosophy, women's studies, mass culture, ethnic studies, and others. This variety in disciplines and interests is a great asset for cultivating a dynamic, multifaceted understanding of the United States.
Most recent job openings in American Studies from HigherEdJobs:
Academic360 has partnered with HigherEdJobs.com to provide additional resources for our job seekers. Listed below are the most recent job postings from HigherEdJobs.com for this discipline.
History (Posted 01/02/18)
Central Texas College
Eglin AFB, FL
American Studies (Posted 12/21/17)
Anne Arundel Community College
English and Literature (Posted 12/14/17)
Tacoma Community College