- American Quarterly The American Quarterly represents innovative interdisciplinary scholarship that engages with key issues in American studies. The journal publishes essays that examine American societies and cultures, past and present, in global and local contexts. The journal seeks to make available the broad range of emergent approaches to American studies.
- American Studies Association (ASA) American Studies Association is devoted to the interdisciplinary study of American culture and history. ASA has 5,000 individual members along with 2,200 library and other institutional subscribers. Members represent many fields of inquiry and include persons concerned with American culture, such as teachers, researchers, and other professionals whose interests extend beyond their specialty; faculty and students associated with American Studies programs in universities, colleges and secondary schools; museum directors and librarians interested in all segments of American life; public officials and administrators concerned with the broadest aspects of education.
- Australian and New Zealand American Studies Association (ANZASA) The purpose of ANZASA is to encourage study and research in all aspects of U.S. culture and society. In addition to publishing the Australasian Journal of American Studies, the association holds scholarly biennial conferences, supports postgraduate seminars, publishes occasional papers, supports research travel to United States for postgraduate research candidates and encourages scholarly exchanges between Australia, New Zealand and the United States.
- Austrian Association for American Studies (AAAS) The purpose of AAAS is to stimulate the establishment, extension, and intensification of American Studies at Austrian universities and other academic institutions, to promote the research activities and plans of Austrian scholars in the field of American Studies, to allow for the exchange of ideas and information in the field of American Studies, and to establish contacts with organizations of the same kind in Europe, America, and elsewhere.
- European Association for American Studies (EAAS) The objects and aims of the Association are to encourage the study of and research in all areas of American culture and society and to promote cooperation and intercommunication between European scholars of the United States from all parts of Europe and from various disciplines.
- French Association for American Studies (AFEA) Promotes academic research on American literature, history and culture, and encourages American studies at undergraduate and graduate levels. The Association brings together academics, high school teachers and independent scholars. It serves 610 Americanists representing many different fields, from literature to social sciences - including history, political science, cultural studies, film studies and the arts.
- International American Studies Association (IASA) IASA is committed to the independent and collaborative study and teaching of America - regionally, hemispherically, nationally, transnationally, and as a global phenomenon. The IASA provides a space for comparative and interdisciplinary dialogues on and from American cultures and societies.
- Latin American Studies Association (LASA) LASA's mission is to foster intellectual discussion, research, and teaching on Latin America, the Caribbean, and its people throughout the Americas, promote the interests of its diverse membership, and encourage civic engagement through network building and public debate.
- Organization of American Historians (OAH) The Organization of American Historians promotes excellence in the scholarship, teaching, and presentation of American history, and encourages wide discussion of historical questions and equitable treatment of all practitioners of history.
- The Japanese Association for American Studies (JAAS) JAAS aims to promote American studies in Japan through publication and activities facilitating communication and cooperation among specialists on America. An individual or an institution with an interest in American studies, sympathetic to the aim of the Association and willing to cooperate in its activities can apply for membership.
Most recent job openings in American Studies from HigherEdJobs:
Academic360 has partnered with HigherEdJobs.com to provide additional resources for our job seekers. Listed below are the most recent job postings from HigherEdJobs.com for this discipline.
American Studies (Posted 04/26/17)
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences: Visiting Assistant Professor - Department of American Indian Studies (F1700039)
Ethnic and Multicultural Studies (Posted 04/23/17)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
American Studies (Posted 04/10/17)