- American Academy of Arts and Sciences The American Academy of Arts and Sciences serves the nation as a champion of scholarship, civil dialogue, and useful knowledge. As one of the country's oldest learned societies and independent policy research centers, the Academy convenes leaders from the academic, business, and government sectors to respond to the challenges facing the nation and the world. Through studies, publications, and programs on the Humanities, Arts, and Education; Science, Engineering, and Technology; Global Security and International Affairs; and American Institutions and the Public Good, the Academy provides authoritative and nonpartisan policy advice to decision-makers in government, academia, and the private sector.
- California Art Education Association (CAEA) CAEA is the professional educational organization for pre-K through university educators working in all areas of the visual arts, such as drawing, painting, digital media, weaving and fabrics, ceramics, glass, sculpture, and mixed media. CAEA, formed in 1965, helps and supports educators by anchoring the elements and principles of design in meaningful instruction and promoting the alignment of the approved state content standards for visual art and the national visual art standards. The mission of CAEA is to provide a collaborative network to strengthen visual arts education in all educational levels through advocacy, leadership, professional development, and professional recognition.
- College Art Association (CAA) CAA, as the preeminent international leadership organization in the visual arts, promotes these arts and their understanding through advocacy, intellectual engagement, and a commitment to the diversity of practices and practitioners. CAA advances the highest standards of instruction, knowledge and practice in the visual arts to stimulate intellectual curiosity and advance skills that enrich the individual and society. CAA will represent, promote, and advocate for the visual arts nationally and internationally; create new opportunities for dialogue among members; explore new forms of communication using innovative and improved technology; address career development and workforce issues to assist professional growth; and strengthen organizational leadership, membership, and financial support.
- International Association of Research Institutes in the History of Art (RIHA) The purpose of RIHA, founded 1998 in Paris, is to promote education and research in art history and related disciplines, to intensify cooperation between the institutes by facilitating the flow of information on scientific and administrative activities as well as the exchange of research findings, and to encourage the institutes to undertake joint projects. The purposes of RIHA are to advance education and scholarly research by institutes of advanced research in art history and related disciplines which share the commitment of the Association to foster international communication and cooperation among such research centers and meet the requirements as provided herein; to provide general and continuing information about the scholarly activities and contributions of the centers; to exchange operational and administrative information among the centers; to exchange scholarly and research information among the centers and encourage joint research projects, and the Association shall be empowered to engage in such other and further means as may be necessary and proper to accomplish the foregoing objects and purposes.
- International Digital Media and Arts Association (iDMAa) International Digital Media and Arts Association (iDMAa) was founded in early 2004 by a group of 15 universities. iDMAa is dedicated to serving educators, practitioners, scholars, and organizations with interests in digital media.
- The Association for Art History Since 1974 the Association for Art History has championed art history, visual culture and supported those engaged with it. The Association champions a diverse art history through events, publications, resources, grants, advocacy and membership.
Most recent job openings in Art from HigherEdJobs:
Academic360 has partnered with HigherEdJobs.com to provide additional resources for our job seekers. Listed below are the most recent job postings from HigherEdJobs.com for this discipline.
Art (Posted 05/26/18)
Art (Posted 05/25/18)
Roxbury Community College
Roxbury Crossing, MA
Art (Posted 05/24/18)
Ringling College of Art and Design