- American Association of Anatomists (AAA) AAA serves as the professional home for an international community of biomedical researchers and educators focusing on the structural foundation of health and disease. AAA's mission is to advance anatomical science through research, education, and professional development.
- American Association of Immunologists (AAI) AAI is an association of professionally trained scientists dedicated to advancing the knowledge of immunology and its related disciplines, fostering the interchange of ideas and information among investigators, and addressing the potential integration of immunologic principles into clinical practice. AAI publishes The Journal of Immunology as well as ImmunoHorizons.
- American Fisheries Society (AFS) AFS promotes scientific research and sustainable management of fisheries resources, publishes five of the world’s leading fish journals, and many renowned books, organizes scientific meetings where new results are reported and discussed, and encourages comprehensive education and professional development for fisheries professionals.
- American Institute of Biological Sciences (AIBS) AIBS is a scientific association dedicated to advancing biological research and education for the welfare of society. The mission of AIBS is to enable wise decisions in which the life sciences and society meet while building the capacity of our communities to advance research and education in biology.
- American Physiological Society (APS) APS, founded in 1887, is a nonprofit devoted to fostering education, scientific research, and dissemination of information in the physiological sciences. APS mission is to advance scientific discovery, understand life, and improve health.
- American Society for Cell Biology (ASCB) ASCB is an inclusive, international community of biologists studying the cell, the fundamental unit of life. ASCB is dedicated to advancing scientific discovery, advocating sound research policies, improving education, promoting professional development, and increasing diversity in the scientific workforce.
- American Society for Microbiology (ASM) ASM's mission is to promote and advance the microbial sciences. ASM is community dedicated to sharing ideas, learning from other professionals and scholars, helping members advance science, networks, and careers, and is a visionary society constantly innovating.
- American Society of Plant Biologists (ASPB) ASPB is a professional society devoted to the advancement of the plant sciences. The purposes of this organization are to promote the growth and development of plant biology as a pure and applied science of the life processes of plants, to publish the results of research in plant biology, and to promote the general welfare and good fellowship of plant biologists and related scientists.
- Canadian Society for Molecular Biosciences (CSMBSCBM) CSMBSCBM's mandate is to advance and promote molecular biosciences, with a focus on advocating for robust and sustainable funding for fundamental research in Canada.
- European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO) The major goals of EMBO are to support talented researchers at all stages of their careers, stimulate the exchange of scientific information, and help build a European research environment where scientists can achieve their best work. EMBO helps young scientists to advance their research, promote their international reputations and ensure their mobility.
- Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB) Founded in 1912, FASEB was originally created by three independent scientific organizations to provide a forum in which to hold educational meetings, develop publications, and disseminate biological research results. FASEB advances health and welfare by promoting progress and education in biological and biomedical sciences through service to our member societies and collaborative advocacy.
- Genetics Society of America (GSA) GSA, founded in 1931, is the professional membership organization for scientific researchers and educators in the field of genetics. GSA’s mission is to deepen our understanding of the living world by 1) fostering an international community of geneticists; 2) ensuring genetics fulfills its potential for broad impact by facilitating the application of genetic tools and approaches in biological research; 3) educating students and the public; 4) supporting the next generation of geneticists; 5) communicating discoveries; and 6) advocating continued support of genetics research.
- National Association of Marine Laboratories (NAML) The mission of NAML and its three regional associations is to stimulate research and promote education in the marine sciences. NAML seeks to provide a forum for the resolution of problems common to non-profit marine laboratories in the United States.
- Society for Developmental Biology (SDB) SDB is a non-profit professional society dedicated to advancement of the field of developmental biology. The purpose of SDB is to further the study of development in all organisms and at all levels, to represent and promote communication among students of development, and to promote the field of developmental biology.
- Society for Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology (SIMB) SIMB is a nonprofit, international association dedicated to the advancement of microbiological sciences. SIMB strives to be the leading international professional society in industrial microbiology and biotechnology. SIMB empowers its members and others to address current and future challenges facing humanity using industrial microbiology and biotechnology.
- The Marine Biological Association (MBA) MBA is dedicated to promoting research into oceans and the life they support. The objects of MBA are: to promote the investigation, and to disseminate knowledge, of the seas and marine life, including the use of marine and other organisms for basic biosciences for the benefit of the public (where biosciences means marine biology in its widest sense).
Most recent job openings in Biology from HigherEdJobs:
Academic360 has partnered with HigherEdJobs.com to provide additional resources for our job seekers. Listed below are the most recent job postings from HigherEdJobs.com for this discipline.
Biology (Posted 07/22/18)
San Juan College
Biology (Posted 07/20/18)
Biology (Posted 07/20/18)
University of The Incarnate Word
San Antonio, TX
Additional Resources for Faculty Positions in Biology:
- Multi-disciplinary Listings for the Science
- Comprehensive web sites for faculty and administrative job opportunities:
- Human Resources listings from individual colleges and universities: