- Academy of Legal Studies in Business (ALSB) The purposes of ALSB shall be to promote and encourage scholarship and teaching of legal studies in business, business law; through publications of professional law journals; maintain a collegial and cooperative relationship among teachers and scholars; and to encourage and promote high ethical standards in the conduct of business.
- Accounting & Financial Women’s Alliance (AFWA) The mission of AFWA is to enable women in all accounting and finance fields to achieve their full potential and to contribute to their profession. Members increase their career potential by connecting with colleagues, receiving education and mentorship to advance their careers, and developing leadership skills.
- American Accounting Association (AAA) AAA is the premier community of accountants in academia. Founded in 1916, AAA have a rich and reputable history built on leading-edge research and publications. The purpose of the Association is to further the discipline and profession of accounting through thought leadership in education, research, and service.
- American Finance Association (AFA) AFA is an organization devoted to the study and promotion of knowledge about financial economics. The purpose of AFA is to provide for the mutual association of persons with an interest in finance; to improve public understanding of financial problems; to provide for the exchange of financial ideas; and to encourage the study of finance in colleges and universities.
- American Marketing Association (AMA) AMA strives to be the most relevant force and voice shaping marketing around the world. AMA has four strategies: 1) committing to Service Leadership to customers, members and stakeholders; 2) providing a proactive, differentiated and modern voice for a single unified, One AMA brand, One AMA Community; 3) establishing an Intellectual Agenda based on an editorial strategy; and 4) building a personalized and connected Marketplace of knowledge.
- American Real Estate Society (ARES) ARES, founded in 1985, is dedicated to producing and disseminating knowledge related to real estate decision making and the functioning of real estate markets. The objectives of the ARES are to encourage research and promote education in real estate, improve communication and exchange of information in real estate and allied matters among college/university faculty and practicing professionals, and facilitate the association of academic, practicing professional, and research persons in the area of real estate.
- American Risk and Insurance Association (ARIA) ARIA is devoted to the study and promotion of knowledge about risk management and insurance. The goals of ARIA are to 1) increase membership, 2) expand the breadth of topical focus leveraging the association's reputation in insurance economics, and 3) confidently promote the association.
- Association of Business Process Management Professionals International (ABPMP International) ABPMP International is dedicated to the advancement of business process management concepts and its practices. The mission of ABPMP International is: 1) to engage in activities that advance the practice of business process management; 2) to promote and evolve a Common Body of Knowledge; 3) to foster the development and advancement of the skills and competencies of professionals; and 4) to validate the professional qualifications and certify BPM practitioners.
- Chartered Association of Business Administrators (CABA) The mission of CABA is to promote the development and best practice in international business management. The vision of CABA is to be the professional body of first choice for Business Administrators and to be a strong, visible and respected professional body for business administrators offering membership and qualifications that are recognized and valued.
- Christian Business Faculty Association (CBFA) CBFA exists to assist and encourage Christian business faculty in the study, integration, teaching, and application of Biblical truths in service to the academy, students, and the business community. The mission of CBFA is to assist and encourage Christian business faculty in the study, integration, teaching, and application of Biblical truths in service to the academy, students, and the business community.
- DECA DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe. DECA values competence, innovation, integrity and teamwork. DECA is recognized and endorsed by all 50 state departments of education and the U.S. Department of Education.
- Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) Founded in 1987 by a group of young entrepreneurs, EO enables business owners to learn from each other, leading to greater business success and an enriched personal life. The mission of EO is to engage leading entrepreneurs to learn and grow. EO's vision is to build the world’s most influential community of entrepreneurs.
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) INFORMS promotes best practices and advances in operations research, management science, and analytics to improve operational processes, decision-making, and outcomes through an array of highly-cited publications, conferences, competitions, networking communities, and professional development services.
- Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) IMA is an association of accountants and financial professionals in business focused exclusively on advancing the management accounting profession. The vision of IMA is to be the leading resource for developing, certifying, connecting, and supporting the world’s best accountants and financial professionals in business.
- International Accounting Education Standards Board (IAESB) IAESB is an independent standard-setting body that serves the public interest by establishing standards in the area of professional accounting education. IAESB enhances education by developing and implementing International Education Standards, which increases the competence of the global accountancy profession.
- International Association for Accounting Education & Research (IAAER) The mission of IAAER is to promote excellence in accounting education and research on a worldwide basis and to maximize the contribution of accounting academics to the development and maintenance of high quality, globally recognized standards of accounting practice. IAAER's vision is to bring an objective, research-based, academic voice to the development and approval process of international accounting and auditing standards through its relationships with various international bodies.
- International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) IABC is a global network of communication professionals committed to improving organizational effectiveness through strategic communication. IABC serves professionals in the field of business communication, bringing together the profession’s collective disciplines. The vision of IABC is to have professional communicators at the heart of every organization.
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) ICC is a business organization, helping businesses of all sizes and in all countries to operate internationally and responsibly. ICC works to promote international trade, responsible business conduct and a global approach to regulation by combining our global influence with our unique expertise in advocacy, standard setting activities and global services.
- International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) IFAC is the organization for the accountancy profession dedicated to serving the public interest. IFAC’s mission is : 1) contributing to the development of high-quality standards and guidance; 2) facilitating the adoption and implementation of high-quality standards and guidance; 3) contributing to the development of strong professional accountancy organizations and accounting firms and to high-quality practices by professional accountants, and promoting the value of professional accountants worldwide and 4) speaking out on public interest issues.
- International Project Management Association – USA (IPMA-USA) IPMA-USA is a US-based not-for-profit professional society dedicated to advancing the project management discipline. The vision of IPMA-USA is a world in which all projects succeed. The mission of IPMA-USA is to identify, collect, document, certify, develop, freely share, and promote effective Project and Program Management practices.
- La Societe Internationale pour l’Enseignement Commercial-International Society of Business Education (SIEC-ISBE) SIEC-ISBE, founded in 1901, provides a vital link between business and education. The society's vision is to be the premier professional international education organization for those engaged in business education. SIEC-ISBE's mission is to enhance the international perspective of business and business education professionals.
- Marketing Educators’ Association (MEA) MEA is the premier international organization for faculty development of the marketing professoriate. MEA's mission is to provide worldwide leadership in promoting the development and sharing of scholarship that enhances marketing education and advances marketing knowledge and practice.
- National Association of Black Accountants, Inc. (NABA, Inc.) NABA, Inc. is a nonprofit membership association dedicated to bridging the opportunity gap for black professionals in the accounting, finance and related business professions. The mission of NABA, Inc. is to address the professional needs of its members and to build leaders that shape the future of the accounting and finance profession with an unfaltering commitment to inspire the same in their successors.
- National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA) NAEA is the organization powering enrolled agents. NAEA provide the networking, educational opportunities, programs, and services that enable enrolled agents, tax professionals and students to excel beyond their peers.
- National Association of Supervisors of Business Education (NASBE) NASBE is an organization of Business Education supervisors who are employees of a state, region, or local education agency. NASBE focuses on promoting business education, program improvement, advocacy awareness, promoting membership, leadership development, professional competency, and student leadership and recognition of Career and Technical Education (CTE) student organizations.
- National Business Education Association (NBEA) NBEA is committed to the advancement of the professional interest and competence of its members and provides programs and services that enhance members' professional growth and development. NBEA represents and promotes education for/about business, provides leadership for the direction of business education, and supports instruction for preparing individuals to function effectively within the global environment.
- National Society of Accountants (NSA) NSA helps its members achieve success in the profession of accountancy and taxation through the advocacy of practice rights and the promotion of high standards in ethics, education, and professional excellence. NSA envisions that 1) every accountant and tax professional will want to join, 2) encourages its members to achieve and maintain professional credentials, 3) partners with affiliated state associations, and 4) helps its members achieve success.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Founded in 1969, PMI delivers value for professionals through global advocacy, collaboration, education and research. PMI's vision is achieved through project management impact, professionalism, volunteerism, community, and engagement.
- Sales and Marketing Executives International (SMEI) The mission of SMEI is to inspire sales and marketing professionals to attain their highest level of competence by setting a global standard of professional credibility enhanced by relevant knowledge sharing and mutually rewarding peer connections. SMEI envisions to be a globally recognized association of sales and marketing professionals.
- Sales Education Foundation (SEF) Established in 2007, SEF has promoted the sales profession through college and university programs. The mission of SEF is to elevate the sales profession through university education. SEF supports university-level sales education programs by providing educational opportunities, research grant funding, worldwide exposure and scholarships.
- Sales Management Association Sales Management Association is a global, cross-industry professional association for managers focused in sales force effectiveness. Sales Management Association promotes professional development, peer networking, best practice research, and thought leadership in an effort to help all professionals who support, manage, coach, and lead sales organizations.
- Social Enterprise Alliance (SEA) SEA, founded in 1998, is the national membership organization for the social enterprise movement in the United States. SEA empowers social enterprises and social entrepreneurs with the tools and resources they need to succeed, and works to foster a social enterprise ecosystem in which they can thrive.
- The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International) AACSB connects educators, students, and business to achieve a common goal: to create the next generation of great leaders. The mission of AACSB International is to foster engagement, accelerate innovation, and amplify impact in business education.
- The Business Education Division of Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE) The Business Education Division of ACTE is a diverse, broad-based group dedicated to educating today's students for tomorrow's business community. ACTE is dedicated to the advancement of career and technical education.
- United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship (USASBE) USASBE advances entrepreneurship education through bold teaching, scholarship, and practice. Members include teachers sharing best practices and innovations in entrepreneurship education, scholars advancing entrepreneurship education through cutting-edge entrepreneurship research and translating existing entrepreneurship research into teachable content.
- World Trade Organization (WTO) WTO is a global international organization dealing with the rules of trade between nations. WTO's founding and guiding principles remain the pursuit of open borders, the guarantee of most-favoured-nation principle and non-discriminatory treatment by and among members, and a commitment to transparency in the conduct of its activities.
Most recent job openings in Business Studies from HigherEdJobs:
Academic360 has partnered with HigherEdJobs.com to provide additional resources for our job seekers. Listed below are the most recent job postings from HigherEdJobs.com for this discipline.
Management (Posted 07/22/18)
The University of Texas at San Antonio
San Antonio, TX
Management (Posted 07/21/18)
City University of Seattle
Management (Posted 07/20/18)
University of Cincinnati