- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) ACM, the world's largest educational and scientific computing society, delivers resources that advance computing as a science and a profession. ACM provides the computing field's premier Digital Library and serves its members and the computing profession with leading-edge publications, conferences, and career resources. ACM brings together computing educators, researchers, and professionals to inspire dialogue, share resources, and address the field's challenges. ACM strengthens the profession's collective voice through strong leadership, promotion of the highest standards, and recognition of technical excellence.
- Association for Information Systems (AIS) AIS serves society through the advancement of knowledge and the promotion of excellence in the practice and study of information systems. AIS is the premier professional association for individuals and organizations who lead the research, teaching, practice, and study of information systems worldwide. The AIS Strategic Goals are to promote AIS as a global leader for excellence in information systems research, practice, and education; to position information systems as a leading profession in the service of society; to lead and promote excellence in information systems education; to lead and promote excellence in information systems scholarship; and to cultivate a community by providing services and products to meet the diverse needs of members and related communities.
- Computing Research and Education Association (CORE) CORE is an association of university departments of computer science in Australia and New Zealand. The purposes for which the Association is established are: to create a professional association of those engaged in computer science and information technology in higher education and research institutes and to facilitate their professional development; to assist and advance research in computer science and information technology in higher education and research institutes; to assist and advance teaching in computer science and information technology in higher education; to provide a forum for those interested in computer science and information technology so as to stimulate discussion of relevant issues; and to promote co-operation and liaison with other groups and organizations which have related or complementary purposes and activities.
- Computing Research Association (CRA) CRA’s mission is to enhance innovation by joining with industry, government and academia to strengthen research and advanced education in computing. CRA executes this mission by leading the computing research community, informing policymakers and the public, and facilitating the development of strong, diverse talent in the field. CRA ensures that computing research has a vibrant future by investing in our community. With the help of industrial, academic and government leaders, we unite the computing community to advance future directions of the field. We enhance public and policymaker understanding of the importance of computing to make the case for federal investment in research.
- Council of Professors and Heads of Computing (CPHC) CPHC exists to promote public education in Computing and its applications and to provide a forum for those responsible for management and research in university computing departments. CPHC's vision is 1) for public education and engagement, 2) for members to view us as the voice for the academic discipline of computing, 3) to lobby organisation to represent the interests of members to Government, Funding Bodies etc. i.e. ensure political visibility, and 4) to ensure the CPHC name/brand is known and recognised as the Subject Body for Computing in the UK both nationally and internationally.
- International Technology and Engineering Educators Association (ITEEA) ITEEA is the professional organization for technology, innovation, design, and engineering educators. ITEEA's mission is to promote technological literacy for all by supporting the teaching of technology and engineering and promoting the professionalism of those engaged in these pursuits. ITEEA strengthens the profession through leadership, professional development, membership services, publications, and classroom activities.
Most recent job openings in Computer Sciences from HigherEdJobs:
Academic360 has partnered with HigherEdJobs.com to provide additional resources for our job seekers. Listed below are the most recent job postings from HigherEdJobs.com for this discipline.
Computer Science (Posted 03/19/18)
Johns Hopkins University
Computer Science (Posted 03/19/18)
Millersville University of Pennsylvania
Information Systems and Technology (Posted 03/19/18)
Guilford Technical Community College
Additional Resources for Faculty Positions in Computer Sciences:
- Multi-disciplinary Listings for the Science
- Comprehensive web sites for faculty and administrative job opportunities:
- Human Resources listings from individual colleges and universities: