- Academy of Management (AOM) AOM is the preeminent professional association for management and organization scholars. Founded in 1936, our worldwide members include professors and Ph.D. students in business schools at universities, academics in related social science and other fields, and practitioners who value knowledge creation and application. AOM's vision is to inspire and enable a better world through our scholarship and teaching about management and organizations. The mission is to build a vibrant and supportive community of scholars by markedly expanding opportunities to connect and explore ideas.
- Agricultural & Applied Economics Association (AAEA) AAEA is a not-for-profit association serving the professional interests of members working in agricultural and broadly related fields of applied economics. AAEA will be the leading organization for professional advancement in, and dissemination of, knowledge about agricultural, development, environmental, food and consumer, natural resource, regional, rural, and associated areas of applied economics and business. AAEA's mission is to enhance the skills, knowledge, and professional contributions of economists who help society solve agricultural, development, environmental, food and consumer, natural resource, regional, rural, and associated applied economics and business problems.
- American Economic Association (AEA) Established in 1885, the AEA is a non-profit, non-partisan, scholarly association dedicated to the discussion and publication of economics research. The purposes of the Association are: 1) the encouragement of economic research, especially the historical and statistical study of the actual conditions of industrial life, 2) the issue of publications on economic subjects, and 3) the encouragement of perfect freedom of economic discussion. The Association as such will take no partisan attitude, nor will it commit its members to any position on practical economic questions.
- History of Economics Society (HES) HES has committed itself to encouraging interest, fostering scholarship, and promoting discussion among scholars and professionals in the field of the history of economics and related disciplines. The Society shall be an international organization, the mission of which shall be: a) to promote interest in, and inquiry into, the history of economics and related disciplines; b) to facilitate communication and discourse among scholars working in the field of the history of economics; and c) to disseminate knowledge about the history of economics.
- International Economic Association (IEA) IEA was founded in 1950 as a Non Governmental Organization, at the instigation of the Social Sciences Department of UNESCO. IEA's aim from the beginning has been to promote personal contacts and mutual understanding among economists in different parts of the world through the organization of scientific meetings, through common research programs and by means of publications of an international character on problems of current importance.
- International Health Economics Association (iHEA) iHEA’s mission is to: increase communication among health economists; foster a higher standard of debate in the application of economics to health and health care systems; and assist young researchers at the start of their careers. Biennial congresses are the main activity of iHEA, along with increasingly frequent dissemination of information on upcoming health economics events, job opportunities and other news.
- Midwest Economics Association (MEA) MEA is a non-profit organization whose purpose is the advancement of economic knowledge and the economics profession. The Association provides an annual forum for our members to exchange ideas and to present research. The purposes of the Association are the advancement of economic knowledge and the economics profession.
- National Business and Economics Society (NBES) NBES is a multi-disciplinary professional organization which focuses on promoting interdisciplinary research of both a theoretical and practical nature. Our goal is to broaden the expertise of business academics and practitioners by promoting access to research and ideas across a span of related disciplines. NBES sponsors an annual conference where interested academics and professionals present their research.
- National Economic Association (NEA) Founded in 1969 as the Caucus of Black Economists to promote the professional lives of minorities within the profession. NEA is particularly interested in producing and distributing knowledge of economic issues that are of exceptional interest to promoting economic growth among native and immigrant African Americans, Latinos, and other people of color. Membership is open to professionals and students.
- Royal Economic Society (RES) RES is one of the oldest and most prestigious economic associations in the world. It is a learned society, founded in 1890 to promote the study of economic science. The Society publishes The Economic Journal and The Econometrics Journal; holds its Annual Conference, a major international gathering of academic economists; engages with the media and with the policy communities; and supports education, training and career development of economists
- Southern Economic Association (SEA) From its founding in 1928, the purpose of SEA (one of the oldest economics associations in the United States) has been to further the education of scholars and the public in economic affairs. Toward this end, it seeks to stimulate interest in and disseminate results of recent research in theory and applied economics. SEA's journal, The Southern Economic Journal, began publication in 1933 and is the eighth oldest American scholarly journal in economics.
- Western Economic Association International (WEAI) Founded in 1922, WEAI is a non-profit, educational organization dedicated to encouraging and communicating economic research and analysis. The Association's principal activities include publishing two refereed quarterly journals -- Economic Inquiry and Contemporary Economic Policy -- and staging scholarly conferences that are forums for current economic research. The purposes and objectives for which WEAI is formed shall be: a) the encouragement of economic research and discussion; b) the encouragement of freedom in economic discussion; and c) the issuance of publications for the purpose of disseminating knowledge on economic subjects.
Most recent job openings in Economics from HigherEdJobs:
Academic360 has partnered with HigherEdJobs.com to provide additional resources for our job seekers. Listed below are the most recent job postings from HigherEdJobs.com for this discipline.
Economics (Posted 11/18/17)
Mt. San Antonio College
Economics (Posted 11/17/17)
University of North Georgia
Economics (Posted 11/17/17)
University of North Georgia