- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE) AACTE is the leading voice on educator preparation. AACTE leads the field in advocating for and building capacity for high-quality educator preparation programs in a dynamic landscape. AACTE strives to accelerate meaningful improvement in educator preparation by promoting and supporting the adoption of high standards for accountability and assessment that are linked to PK-12 student outcomes; lead the charge to secure state and federal policy that advances high-quality student learning through educator preparation and development; launch and sustain system-wide initiatives to promote the diversity of the professional community and to prepare educators who can serve diverse learners; and advance implementation of high-quality learning practices.
- American Educational Research Association (AERA) AERA, a national research society, strives to advance knowledge about education, to encourage scholarly inquiry related to education, and to promote the use of research to improve education and serve the public good. AERA, founded in 1916, is concerned with improving the educational process by encouraging scholarly inquiry related to education and evaluation and by promoting the dissemination and practical application of research results. AERA exemplifies and promotes the highest standards of research through its code of ethics, its high-quality merit review process, and its published guidelines for the field such as Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing.
- Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES) ACES is dedicated to quality education and supervision of counselors in all work settings. ACES members are counselors, supervisors, graduate students, and faculty members who strive to improve the education and supervision of counselors in training and in practice. ACES publishes a quarterly journal, Counselor Education and Supervision, which presents current issues, relevant research, proven practices, ethical standards and conversations in counselor training and supervision.
- Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT) AECT is a professional association of educators and others whose activities are directed toward improving instruction through technology. The goal of AECT is to facilitate humane learning through the systematic development, utilization, and management of learning resources, which include people, processes, and media in educational settings. The mission AECT is to promote the effective design and use of technologies in the teaching/learning process, worldwide. AECT is the oldest professional home for this field of interest and has continuously maintained a central position in the field, promoting high standards, both in scholarship and in practice.
- Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE) AACE, founded in 1981, is an international, not-for-profit, educational organization with the mission of advancing Information Technology in Education and E-Learning research, development, learning, and its practical application. AACE serves the profession with international conferences, high quality publications, leading-edge Digital Library, Career Center, and other opportunities for professional growth.
- Association for the Study of Higher Education (ASHE) ASHE promotes collaboration among its members and others engaged in the study of higher education through research, conferences, and publications, including its highly regarded journal, The Review of Higher Education. The primary mission of ASHE is to foster scholarly inquiry of the highest standards of excellence for the purpose of increasing knowledge about and the understanding of higher education. ASHE values rigorous scholarly approaches to the study of higher education and practical applications of systemic inquiry.
- H-Net: Humanities and Social Sciences Online An international consortium of scholars and teachers, H-Net creates and coordinates networks with the common objective of advancing teaching and research in the arts, humanities, and social sciences. H-Net is committed to pioneering the use of new content management and communication technology to facilitate the free exchange of academic ideas and scholarly resources. The goals of H-Net networks are to enable scholars to easily communicate about, and collaborate on, current research and teaching interests; to discuss new approaches, methods and tools of analysis; to share information on internet resources, books, and articles; and to test new ideas and share comments on the literature in their fields.
- International Technology and Engineering Educators Association (ITEEA) ITEEA is the professional organization for technology, innovation, design, and engineering educators. ITEEA's mission is to promote technological literacy for all by supporting the teaching of technology and engineering and promoting the professionalism of those engaged in these pursuits. ITEEA strengthens the profession through leadership, professional development, membership services, publications, and classroom activities.
- National Association for Developmental Education (NADE) NADE seeks to improve the theory and practice of developmental education at all levels of the educational spectrum, the professional capabilities of developmental educators, and the design of programs to prepare developmental educators. NADE focuses on the academic success of students by providing professional development for faculty and support professionals, supporting student learning, providing public leadership, disseminating exemplary models of practice, coordinating efforts with other organizations, facilitating communication among developmental education professionals, and anticipating trends. NADE's motto is "helping underprepared students prepare, prepared students advance, advanced students excel."
- National Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP) NAESP, founded in 1921, is a professional organization serving elementary and middle school principals and other education leaders throughout the United States, Canada, and overseas. NAESP advocates for the support principals need to be successful 21st century leaders—to achieve the highest results for children, families, and communities. The mission of NAESP is to lead in the advocacy and support for elementary and middle level principals and other education leaders in their commitment for all children.
- National Association of Graduate-Professional Students (NAGPS) NAGPS is a student-run national, non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of graduate and professional students. The mission of NAGPS is to: 1) develop, sustain, and expand a member network that connects graduate and professional students across the United States to facilitate the sharing of information, resources, and best practices, 2) empower our members to successfully serve their constituents, and 3) amplify students’ voices to campus, local, state, and federal policymakers.
- National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) The world's largest organization of school psychologists, NASP works to advance effective practices to improve students' learning, behavior, and mental health. The NASP vision is that all children and youth access the learning, behavior, and mental health support needed to thrive in school, at home, and throughout life. NASP has embraced five strategic goals of the association: 1) ensure availability of a high quality school psychology workforce; 2) advance the role of school psychologists as qualified mental and behavioral health providers; 3) advance recognition and implementation of the NASP Practice Model nationwide; 4) develop leadership skills and qualities of school psychologists; and 5) uphold that all children and youth are valued and that their rights and opportunities are protected in schools and communities.
- National Association of Special Education Teachers (NASET) The mission of NASET, a national membership organization, is to render all possible support and assistance to those preparing for or teaching in the field of special education. NASET seeks to promote standards of excellence and innovation in special education research, practice, and policy in order to foster exceptional teaching for exceptional children. NASET was founded to promote the profession of special education teachers and to provide a national forum for their ideas.
- National Association of State Directors of Special Education, Inc. (NASDSE) Since 1938, NASDSE has provided leadership to ensure the provision of a quality education to every child. NASDSE focuses on improving educational services and outcomes for children and youth with disabilities. NASDSE’s mission is to work with state education agencies to ensure that all children and youth with disabilities receive the educational supports and services they need from birth to be prepared for post-school education, career and independent living choices. NASDSE accomplishes its mission by establishing and maintaining relationships with those individuals and groups responsible for the development of policies, educational and other programs serving individuals with disabilities, and those responsible for implementation at the school, local district, state and national levels.
- National Council on Measurement in Education (NCME) NCME is a professional organization for individuals involved in assessment, evaluation, testing, and other aspects of educational measurement. Members are involved in the construction and use of standardized tests; new forms of assessment, including performance-based assessment; program design; and program evaluation. NCME's mission is to advance the science and practice of measurement in education and NCME's vision is to be the recognized authority in measurement in education.
- School Superintendents Association (AASA) AASA advocates for the highest quality public education for all students, and develops and supports school system leaders. AASA members are committed to creating the conditions necessary for all students to become successful, lifelong learners. The objectives of this association shall be exclusively educational and charitable, and in furtherance thereof, to promote and to provide leadership for the improvement and advancement of education and public interest in improved schools; to work particularly for improvement to the process of educational administration; to improve the preparatory and in-service training of educational personnel; to strive continuously to upgrade teaching and learning and to improve the curriculum; to implement the principle of equal rights for all, including the elimination of prejudice, bigotry, and discrimination; to assist in solving problems of organization and planning which arise as the school systems are improved; and generally to do all other things appropriate to achievement of its educational and charitable objectives.
- University Council for Educational Administration (UCEA) UCEA is a consortium of higher education institutions committed to advancing the preparation and practice of educational leaders for the benefit of schools and children. UCEA fulfills its mission by: promoting, sponsoring, and disseminating research on the essential problems of schooling and leadership practice; improving the preparation and professional development of educational leaders and professors; and, positively influencing local, state, and national educational policy.
Most recent job openings in Education from HigherEdJobs:
Academic360 has partnered with HigherEdJobs.com to provide additional resources for our job seekers. Listed below are the most recent job postings from HigherEdJobs.com for this discipline.
Teacher Education (Posted 05/25/18)
Houston Community College
Nursing (Posted 05/25/18)
Curriculum and Instruction (Posted 05/25/18)