Business Faculty Position
The successful candidate will:
* Teach business and marketing courses that may include: Intro to Business, Small Business Management, Opportunity Analysis, Personal Finance, Legal Environment of Business, Business Plan Development, Promotion and Advertising, and Sales Management.
* Lead business program planning and curriculum development.
* Develop a future-oriented focus on technology and its applications in business and marketing.
* Guide business students toward degree completion, transfer, and employment.
* Lead the American Indian Business Leaders (AIBL) student organization and other program-related student activities.
* Establish relationships with employers and organizations, particularly in tribal communities, that benefit the program, its students, and the community.
* Establish interdisciplinary relationships with FDLTCC colleagues that benefit the program, its students, and the community.
* Assess student learning outcomes at the course and program levels.
* Fulfill teaching assignments across a variety of possible contexts and modes, including day, evening, weekend, on-campus, off-campus, online, and ITV.
* Participate in ongoing professional development and faculty-related institutional activities.
* Participate in institutional planning and student success initiatives.
* Master's degree in business administration or business management; or
* Master's degree with a minimum of 18 semester/27 quarter graduate credits in business administration and/or business management.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an ethnically and culturally diverse higher education context.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a student population encompassing a broad range of skill levels.
* Demonstrated effectiveness in planning, writing, and public speaking.
* Demonstrated knowledge of technology as it relates to business and marketing.
* Prior teaching experience in a tribal and/or two-year postsecondary institution.
* Hands-on managerial or administrative experience in business.
* Ability to use data to drive program planning and curriculum development.
Start Date: Negotiable. Deadline to Apply: January 12, 2018
Notice: In accordance with the Minnesota State's Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be require to conform to Minnesota State's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College is a member of Minnesota State and is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.