Director for the Associate Degree Nursing Program
The University of Charleston is seeking a Director for the Associate Degree Nursing Program. The Program Director for the Associate Degree Nursing program is directly responsible for the non-traditional delivery of nursing education and will ensure the fulfillment of the educational goals and objectives of the associate degree nursing students. It is the responsibility of the Program Director to abide by the policies, guidelines, and accreditation standards set forth by the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Professional Nursing, the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), the University, the Bert Bradford School of Health Sciences, and the Capito Department of Nursing.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative oversight of the program;
- Ensures continued program updates including modifications to old courses to maintain vitality and relevance of the program;
- Assists in recruiting and admission of students into the program;
- Documents and does frequent graduation audits of student records;
- Works with the Department Chair to establish schedules and faculty workloads for faculty and staff;
- Participates on University committees;
- Schedules and chairs regular program meetings and sub-committees;
- Ensures quality advising for students enrolled currently enrolled in the program and students wanting to apply to the program;
- Prepares annual reports to State and National Accrediting agencies;
- Provides leadership in all program accreditation /re-accreditation activities;
- Ensures that syllabi are prepared and placed on-line for each course taught within the program;
- Conducts periodic evaluation of clinical sites;
- Ensures the mentoring of new faculty members in the art of student advising;
- Observes classroom presentations as necessary and provides feedback as necessary, to ensure quality instruction across the department;
- Makes informed recommendations for or against promotions and contract renewals for department personnel;
- Advances the mission of the University and outcomes-based learning;
- Manages the department budget in accordance to the guidelines set by the Department Chair;
- Determines the teaching assignments of the faculty, as well as the scheduling of the curriculum courses and assisting faculty in writing their annual performance goals;
- Works collaboratively with University administration and other governing bodies; and communicates successfully with a variety of constituencies, to advance the mission of the University and outcomes based learning;
- Mediates program faculty issues;
- Participates in the student grievance process;
- Works effectively with local, state, regional, and national agencies and organizations;
- Participates in the hiring and evaluation of faculty;
- Coordinates acquisition of equipment, space allocation and use of clinical facilities;
- Responsible for determining class coverage in the event of faculty absence;
- Serves as the faculty liaison to the program faculty;
- Updates the University Academic Catalog, as it relates to the ADN program on an annual basis;
- Completes an annual assessment report of the program; and other duties as assigned.
- Applicants for this position must have a graduate degree with a major in nursing, doctorate preferred, and must have a current unencumbered license, or be eligible for licensure, in West Virginia as a registered professional nursing.
- The individual must have a minimum of five years professional nursing experience with at least two years of teaching in a registered nursing program.
- This is a twelve-month faculty position, with administrative responsibilities.
- Travel between the University’s main campus in Charleston, WV and the Beckley, WV location is required.
- Applicants should have experience in leadership; program organization and administration; curriculum development; budget administration; team-building; program assessment and evaluation; faculty evaluation; and accreditation.
- The ideal candidate will possess excellent written and oral communication skills; have the ability to meet competing deadlines; be self-motivated; and have the ability to work independently.
Equal opportunity employer.recblid f4gzzbcg1pza12d6kk582na26dpl1a