Fiscal Program Analyst
The Edmonds School District is now hiring for a Fiscal Program Analyst!
This position is located at the Educational Services Center in the Student Services department. Student Services supports the education of all children by directly providing resources and services to teachers, students and their families. The department includes Special Education, English Language Learners (ELL) Program, Title I/LAP, and Health Services, among other programs. This position coordinates the development and maintenance of the fiscal budget and provides technical support and analysis in the maintenance of the department budget in support of the District's mission.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Prepares and monitors Student Services budget for both state and federal grants, including forecasting caseload, and revenues and expenditures.
• Coordinates timelines and prepares cumulative projected student count and preliminary staffing matrices based on varying service levels for classified and certificated staff for Student Services budget.
• Works with program administrators to develop appropriate staffing levels including preparing staffing matrices for review by program administrator.
• Compiles data and determines costs related to materials, supplies and other costs for applicable budgets. Allocates funds to each special education program based on district policies and procedures.
• Prepares final Student Services staffing budget, submits for approval and distributes to appropriate staff; updates as necessary.
• Prepares and files State Safety Net application.
• Prepares requisitions and contracts. Prepares and tracks invoices for inter-district contracts and private agency contracts.
• Compiles data from State/District revenue reports and prepares revenue/expenditure analysis for program administrators. Analyzes and monitors program expenditures and prepares cost-outs for Student Services budgets.
• Reviews and approves payroll and personnel documents related to the program area. Prepares and processes journal entries to transfer program funds between accounts as required.
• Prepares and submits to appropriate agencies required grant reports and billings to assure reimbursement for eligible expenditures in programs. Monitors and periodically certifies time and effort reporting for federal grants.
• Provides technical support regarding business functions to department staff, and coordinates financial information with other district departments.
• Coordinates year end fiscal activities for Student Services.
• Supervises, assigns, schedules and evaluates the work of assigned staff.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, public administration or related field. Five (5) years’ experience with budgeting, accounting, purchasing, or related field. Previous experience with Special Education finance and accounting preferred.
Salary: $74,277 annually
Application Deadline: November 12, 2017recblid 4t7vpu9z74fpdt5cidyk3p6iiomknc