Full-time 10-month position in TRIO Student Support Services (SSS). TRIO SSS is a federally funded grant program dedicated to providing academic, financial, social, and personal support services to increase the retention and graduation rates of first generation, low income or students with disabilities at DWU. Applicants with similar backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The primary duties of the TRIO SSS Administrative Assistant position include provide excellent service and support to students and provide general administrative office support, including record management, accounting, budgeting and database management.
The qualifications of a successful candidate include:
• An Associate's Degree in Business or closely related area with minimum of two years of work experience, preferably in an academic setting
• Demonstrated interpersonal and electronic communication skills
• Demonstrated organization skills and record management experience
• Extensive accounting knowledge
• Strong computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite
• Possess solid problem-solving and analytical skills
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a cooperative team member, maintaining positive working relationships with a diverse set of students, faculty, and staff
• Possess a commitment to the mission of DWU and the University's values of learning, leadership, faith, and service
This position is funded by federal grant monies and is contingent upon renewal of grant funding. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Dakota Wesleyan University is committed to fostering diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. DWU welcomes the candidacy of underrepresented groups.recblid 6kah6r8bel022crux3exxvcaa4tksg