Adult Student Support Specialist
The University of Charleston is seeking an Adult Student Support Specialist. The position is funded by a grant from the U.S. Department of Education and therefore contingent on the renewal of the award. Although the position is paid with federal funds, the individual will be governed by University of Charleston policies and procedures. The Adult Student Support Specialist will process data in the UC data management system to provide direct, quick, accurate, and convenient service to prospective, new, and current military and adult students in need of immediate/ongoing attention.
• Serve as a team member for the Adult Enrollment Management Student Solutions team of the University;
• Promptly respond to incoming calls and emails;
• Advise and assist in addressing issues for New and Returning Students;
• Work with administration, staff, and faculty to facilitate strong communication;
• Collaborate with adult student admissions staff to ensure adult students are informed of processes;
• Properly code students’ affiliations using appropriate University data management systems
• Process and manage course registrations for new students;
• Process and manage University forms including add/drops, change of major forms, and change of address form; and assigning academic advisors/mentors in UCWV data management system;
• Produce student program evaluation audits and graduation verification when needed;
• Complete transcript evaluation data equivalence entry in UCWV data management system;
• Input student FERPA information;
• Enter student graduation information in UCWV database working in consult with Assistant Registrar;
• Assist students in accessing eConnections and tuition assistance submissions;
• Provide customer service and;
• Other duties as assigned.
Title III Duties:
• Works collaboratively with other Title III staff;
• Submits monthly reports and Time & Effort sheets to meet Title III regulations;
• Participates actively in the evaluation of the Title III project;
• Other duties as determined by student needs and the goals of the project.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of information;
• Ability to prioritize and organize effectively;
• Ability to communicate effectively with the various customer bases, (e.g., students, staff, faculty, and third-party contacts);
• Ability to utilize a personal computer and familiarity with Office Suite applications;
• Ability to work independently;
• Results-oriented interpersonal and organizational skills;
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously;
• Must be a team player.
• Bachelors’ Degree preferred
• 1-2 years of Administrative/Support Service experience
• Experience in a military environment is desirable.
Equal opportunity employer.recblid 441fthu33o1892u1w0rkc4kmmwa7v9