Head Start Teacher
The Fond du Lac Head Start Programs Teacher is responsible for putting the child development plans into operation, and for providing a program that is nurturing, responsive, culturally rich, and developmentally appropriate and allows for exploration. This position is also responsible for implementing Head Start Performance Standards and other requirements.
Head Start Teachers work with children ages three to six.
- AA or BA in Early Childhood /or/ AA or BA in related field and teaching experience with preschool children /or/ AA or BA in any field with additional coursework in the field of Early Child hood to be equivalent to a major and teaching experience with preschool children
- May be required to be a bus aide on morning or afternoon bus routes.
- Meet the needs of all children including those at risk, those with special needs, those who are gifted, and those who are culturally diverse.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Employee Drug and Alcohol Policy.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
Some travel is required.