Administrative Services Assistant 3 (UCP 4) #2018400
Administrative Services Assistant 3 (UCP 4)
The University of Connecticut, Avery Point Campus is seeking applicants for an Administrative Services Assistant 3 (UCP 4). Staff Positions (Search #2018400)
Under the direction of the Business Manager, assists in managing a number of administrative and fiscal functions for the Avery Point Campus.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Collects, records, and deposits all student fees and other monies due the regional campus including non-student fee transactions. Accounting for all monies received and reconciles accounts.
- Maintains all fiscal records for department including payroll records, purchasing, travel and other disbursements.
- Independently prepares and/or edits standard correspondence and reports containing information that requires thorough knowledge of policies, procedures and data sources.
- Devises, modifies and/or supervises the maintenance of record keeping systems, as required for compliance.
- Transmits authoritative information and serves as a resource to students and/or parents on student fee bill and financial aid matters. May present on these topics at New Student Orientations.
- Processes fiscal paperwork including but not limited to student payroll, procurement, accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions. Maintains and monitors department/unit budget and records.
- Assists supervisor and others in resolving budget and other business problems related to department /unit operations.
- Within established practice, handles administrative matters for supervisor and makes decisions in supervisor’s absence.
- Maybe responsible for making all arrangements for meetings, conferences and travel; arranges for and implements, as directed, conferences, seminars, committee meetings, assisting as required.
- May represent supervisor to other University offices, the public or outside organizations to gather or transmit information that affects the operations of the department/unit.
- Review administrative and internal operation procedures for efficiency and effectiveness and recommends improvements; establishes procedures to implement operational and/or fiscal policies.
- As needed or assigned, may be responsible for special short term or ongoing projects that require planning, coordination and supervision.
- Supervises, trains, and evaluates student staff as needed.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience including 4-8 years related experience in a progressively responsible administrative support position.
- Strong organizational and supervisory ability.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computers and basic software programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with the department/University staff and other individuals and groups.
- Ability to resolve administrative problems efficiently, effectively and independently.
University of Connecticut is an affirmative action/equal employer opportunity employer.recblid h0fz8hxbkqiuevkgjl0jt4r594n2jg