Information Technology Specialist #17264
Notice of Vacancy: It is the policy of Northland Community and Technical College to ensure that the selection for this position is accessible to all candidates. This document can be made available in alternative formats by calling Colleen Kukowski, Administration Services Coordinator (218) 793-2407.
Posting Date: Monday, October 23, 2017
Closing: Monday, November 6, 2017
Position Classification: Information Technology Spec 1 - 003583 option: 1176
Working Title: Information Technology Specialist - Help Desk
Work Area: EGF Campus
Bargaining: 214 MAPE 14F/ 06M
Wages: $19.86 - $29.82 hour / $41,468 - $62,264 annually
Employment Condition: Full-time, Unlimited
job Id: 17264
Northland Community and Technical College is seeking a qualified individual to work in the Information Technology (IT) department on the East Grand Forks (EGF) campus. This position primarily exists to provide technical assistance to students and employees to maximize computer technology services in a learning environment and to operate in a help desk role. This includes basic problem resolution, installation of new hardware and software, computer hardware troubleshooting and repair, basic networking, and answering support questions.
Principle Responsibilities and Results
• Provide hands-on technical support and day-to day help desk services to students and employees regarding the general operation of technology services.
• Provide assistance and technical expertise in the successful operation of video and multi-media equipment.
• Maintain and enhance technical knowledge and proficiency in technology services.
Minimum Qualifications (expected to have to enter job):
- computer hardware/software and technology equipment use and prior experience of computer usage and applications are needed by the incumbent in order to successfully meet the needs of NCTC
- Peripheral equipment such as scanners, converting and copying files, loading software and use of the Internet
- customer service and communications skills in order to convey information effectively problem-solving along with excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- quickly learn additional computer programs and applications as the college installs new programs write and speak clearly make repairs, perform maintenance on hardware and trouble-shoot software problems and willingness to learn and keep current in new technology work independently, as well as in a team environment and share resources amongst fellow IT staff
Preferred Qualifications (desired but not expected to have to enter job)
- 2-year computer related degree or 2 years work experience
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to applyrecblid 6968k0l3ag0s5qa38cvbdmxaakhmrp