Mandarin Immersion/Partial Immersion Teacher, Assistant and Coordinator
3 x full time positions for July 2018-July 2019 (one position with leadership/coordination responsibility).
- Native speaker of Mandarin (simplified).
- Excellent English competency.
- Primary and/or Early Years teaching experience.
- Child centered, inquiry based pedagogy.
- Experience in a leadership position (required only for coordinator role).
- Familiarity with the Primary Year Program (PYP) of Int. Bac.
- International or International School experience.
- PE, Art or Music skills.
Coordinator Role: The primary school Mandarin Program at Atlanta International School is launching in Aug. 2018. From January to June 2018 the successful coordinator candidate could already begin working part time (distance or in person) designing the Mandarin program, curriculum, purchasing resources, marketing the program and setting up the classroom spaces. We are committed to opening a 3,000/4,000 class and a 5,000/Gr. 1 class and may open a Gr. 2-3 or a Gr. 4-5 as well (depending on demand). In 2018-19 the coordinator role will also have teaching responsibilities.
Teacher Roles: We are looking for an Early Years teacher (3 & 4 year olds) and assistant and may be hiring teachers for Gr. 2-5.
Accepting applications from now until the position is filled.
Package: Teacher salary plus full benefits.
For coordinator: Teacher salary, full benefits, plus $5500 coordinator stipend.
Relocation assistance provided.
Start date: August 2018 (coordinator may start earlier).recblid qwfu4rg7v36e7xw31ipbighwd8m3xq