Southwestern Illinois College is accepting applications for the full-time administrative positions of Academic Advisors.
1. Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline is required. Master’s degree in an appropriate area is desirable.
2. Experience in higher education, academic advising preferred.
3. Ability to assimilate extensive knowledge of academic programs, policies and requirements and communicate that information to students.
4. Ability to relate well and establish rapport with students, administrators, other academic advisors and counselors, teaching faculty, parents and community.
5. Excellent customer service, organizational and analytical skills.
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
7. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and PeopleSoft preferred.
8. A valid driver’s license is required to enable the advisor to satisfy various travel requirements.
To apply, visit our website at https://www.swic.edu/about/
In accordance with the Mission and Values of Southwestern Illinois College, this is an administrative position that requires the advisor to assist students with the development of their academic interests and the successful completion of their degree program or certificate within the College. Specific knowledge of the approved academic program requirements and policies as they apply to current, transfer and returning students is required. In addition, the advisor is able to use computer applications for the storage, retrieval and analysis of student and college records. This position requires knowledge of the college’s student information system. Academic advisors may be placed on schedules and assigned to locations within the district dependent upon needs of serving students.recblid njqy0ndzoixybs6t4r1c9stcvgp0rx