Director of Human Resources
Director of Human Resources Lourdes University
Lourdes University, a growing, private, four-year institution of higher education, sponsored by the Sisters of St. Francis of Sylvania, has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, knowledgeable professional in the position of Director of Human Resources.
We are looking for a collaborative leader who has the expertise to guide Lourdes University and the Sisters of St. Francis in all areas of human resources.
The individual in this role must understand organizational priorities and translate them into an HR agenda that supports the university, fosters growth, and increases effectiveness.
The HR Director will assess the needs, develop, and implement programs and processes in areas such as employee relations, talent acquisition and retention, onboarding, compensation, benefits, performance management, training, safety, legal compliance, and policies/procedures.
Our Human Resources Director will coach managers, supervisors, and employees to ensure consistent application of company policies/standards of conduct, resolve issues, and build credibility and trust. We are searching for a candidate with excellent communication, facilitation, organization, and strategic thinking skills, as well as the ability to thrive in a university setting.
If you have these qualities and are a Human Resource professional who has the ability to diagnose issues, work jointly with others at all levels of the organization, and can influence solutions, please apply.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5 or more years of experience in Human Resources management or director level position
• Demonstrated experience with the design and administration of employee benefit and compensation programs
• Strong knowledge of legal requirements and compliance
• Proficiency in using Microsoft applications such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel Qualifications Desired
• Concentration in Human Resources Management and/or Organization Development
• MBA, JD, and/or SHRM or HRCI professional certification in HR
• Work experience in a higher education environment
• Management of others
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Coaching capabilities and experience
• Proven ability to diagnose problems, think strategically, and expedite appropriate solutions
• Ability to build relationships to positively impact results
• Strong process, project, and program management skills
• Departmental budget development and management
• Experience completing IPEDS and ACA reports
• Ability to work independently and on teams What does Lourdes University have to offer you?
• A culture that fosters personal integrity, ethical understanding, social responsibility, care of all of creation, and a commitment to community service
• Competitive compensation and a wide variety of benefits including tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members, health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; retirement plans; access to recreation and cultural activities
• Being part of an inclusive, diverse, peaceful, and learning community
• Working at a beautiful and verdant campus For more information about Lourdes University,recblid fijkhlf8zsvugdy4vtuujgzsq1u8mz