Accounts Receivable Specialist
Accounts Receivable Specialist Full-time position with benefits.
• Facilitate timely issuance of all accounts receivable billing and monthly statements including tuition and miscellaneous charges to student accounts.
• Initiate ACH transfers as necessary.
• Function as the primary contact between parents and the Business Office by responding to billing inquiries and payment concerns.
• Process and record the receipt of payments including cash, checks, credit cards, and electronic receipt of funds.
• Facilitate the collection of outstanding receivables.
• Reconcile the school store cash drawer to daily activity report and general ledger.
• Prepare bank deposits.
• Manage the student billing system.
• Manage the customer master file in accounting systems.
• Provide general accounting support to the office.
• Oversee student banking including account set up, data entry, and debit account issuance.
• Log new enrollment contracts in all accounting systems and maintain file of original contracts.
• Provide needed support and reconciliations for monthly and quarterly reports and the annual audit.
• Ensure accounts receivable records are retained and filed in accordance with the Record Retention Guidelines.
• Maintain an effective partnership with the Admissions and Development teams.
• Function as an effective member of the Business Office team, support teammates during periods of absence or high work volume, and act as back up for the Accounts Payable Specialist.
• Interact with students, colleagues, consultants and members of the public in a professional manner in accordance with the Professionalism and Conduct sections of the MHS Employee Handbook.
• Accommodate the School’s need to alter the duties of this position as needed due to changes in personnel, systems, regulation, and other influences.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to manage the accounts receivables with work experience or training in accounting and customer service.
• Ability to produce accurate work as part of a disciplined high-performing team in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to learn and retain new information and to effectively manage routine tasks.
• Critical thinking and analytical skills with strong electronic media literacy, including proficiency with MS Word and Excel.
• Collaborative, collegial and responsible work habits are essential to this position.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and courteously with students and families, colleagues, and members of the public in a diverse population.
• Ability to work independently and be accountable for outcomes.
• Confidentiality, discretion, and high ethical standards.
• 3 years of experience in accounts receivable and ACH transfers and Associate’s Degree in Accounting preferred.
• Committed to the Miss Hall’s School Mission and Core Values and adheres to the general standards of employment as noted in the MHS Employee Handbook and related policies.
• Must be able to use technology to enter data and produce reports with accuracy and in a timely manner.
• Must have the physical ability to use a telephone.
• Must have the physical ability to comfortably lift up to 20 pounds.
• Must be able to sit or stand and view a computer screen for extended periods of time.recblid ddwfdefee48z01lbxnh03ejljc5hci