Part-time (16 hours per week + vacation coverage as needed) in a busy, friendly practice.
Clinical Process an Practice Skills:
- Fully competent in primary role on unit; performs patient and family assessment and problem identification, plans care accordingly, implements and evaluates plan of care so that problems are resolved.
- Adheres reliably to all accepted patient safety standards.
- Identifies and promotes new learning around changing patient safety standards of practice.
- Serves in advocacy role; encouraging active involvement of patient and family in their care.
- Prioritizes patient’s situations and takes appropriate action in an efficient, effective manner.
- Makes value-added resource decision for patient care with respect to supplies, equipment and acuity of care.
- Keeps patients informed regarding what to expect pre/during/post procedure
- Provides individualized patient and family education consistent with patient’s learning style, readiness to learn and self care needs
- Evaluated the effectiveness of patient learning
Compliance with Rules, Regulations, and Policies:
- Records pertinent clinical documentation in accordance with regulatory requirements, professional standards and hospital policy.
- Adheres to federal, state and hospital rules and regulations concerning HIPAA privacy and security.
- Follows Hospital compliance plan and policies, including the Code of Conduct.
- Participates in required training for compliance related activities (HIPAA, Compliance, Patient Safety, TJC, etc.)
Professional Development and Integration:
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional decision making.
- Develops professional goals and diversity of responsibilities within practice; consistent with hospital mission and goals
- Demonstrates role awareness and seeks individualized/department specific continuing education that improves patient care or professional practice.
- Able to express values around patient/family centered care and assists others to achieve shared understanding.
- Active participant in quality improvement processes.
- Participates and contributes to unit meetings and activities.
- Identifies need to seek out additional information when needed and apply relevant findings to practice
Service Excellence and Customer Service:
- Demonstrates purposeful service excellence through exceeding patient and co-worker expectations.
- Represents the department and hospital as a dedicated, courteous and responsive employee.
Unit Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to perform lab draws, in-office tests (EKG, strep tests, flu tests, PT/INR, HgbA1c, pregnancy tests and U/A’s), med administration, vaccinations and assist provider with procedures as necessary. Demonstrates and documents competency on a yearly basis. Maintains lab supplies and performs calibration/upkeep on lab equipment.
- Rooms patients, collects vitals and documents appropriately in the Electronic Medical Record. Updates current medications, allergies, and immunizations on all patients.
- Multitasks efficiently while prioritizing needs of clinic. Solves problems effectively by utilizing appropriate resources.
- Scans/indexes documents in patient’s chart the date
- Effectively schedules appointments, keeps staff informed of changes.
- Monitors sample medications and removes outdated drugs and replaces as needed.
- Regularly monitors supplies, orders, and stocks all areas.
- Assists nurse with clinical phone calls/triage and medication refills as appropriate per protocols.