Computer Support Technician
Extended Site Tampa Lincoln Memorial University (LMU) invites applications for the full time position of Computer Support Technician-Extended Site Tampa.
The Computer Support Technician - Tampa Campus is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing computer hardware, classroom technology, access control and any network related problems. Install new hardware, software upgrades and patches, network and phone cabling as required and works with other computer support staff as necessary to support technology.
Support the management, distribution, and utilization of audio visual instructional resources; stay up-to-date with advancements and innovations with audio and video hardware, content distribution systems, learning space design, etc.;
* Schedule, set-up, and operate media and audio visual needs as requested by faculty, staff, and students;
* Ensure the proper maintenance and troubleshooting techniques for all media and audiovisual equipment; understanding of distance learning technologies;
* Knowledge of troubleshooting techniques and methods, related to equipment;
* Skill in assisting users with problem determination and resolution;
* Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other department staff, faculty, students and the public;
* Oral and written communication skills.
Qualifications Required: Associate degree in computer science or related field, two years repair and networking experience or any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been derived.
Preferred: Previous experience in higher education; previous experience in call center environment.
Lincoln Memorial University offers a high quality benefits package including medical and voluntary benefits and an employer funded retirement plan. Lincoln Memorial University hiring policies are in accordance with Equal employer opportunity regulations and policies. Lincoln Memorial University is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.recblid ijz7p3gtym8csylpn9tlyzesvswwe2